The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old September 21, 2005, 06:10 PM   #26
meanoldman

See if Heritage Firearms or Cost Plus Ten will beat their prices.

David
Old September 22, 2005, 02:09 PM   #27
Jericho9mm

my wife's uncle works at sportsmens so he told me their margin is smaller than everywhere else but their turnover is great so that is how they make so much money. i was at the counter when a guy came in after buying a gun at a gunshow for a "special price" and the same gun he bought used was brand new on the wall for like $10 more, he was furious. so far i have bought 3 of my guns at the sportsmans warehouse in idaho falls in idaho, they have been great in letting me handle whatever i want before a purchase. once though all they had was the floor model and i asked if i could get some help on the price since it had been handled and dry fired and such, well they said they could take 5% off of the price which is the sales tax rate here in idaho so it was great and i got the same $10 gift card as mentioned before just to say "thanks" for my purchase! i plan on being a return customer at sporstmens.
Old September 29, 2005, 11:11 PM   #28
LH2

There's a brand new Sportsmans here in Mesa AZ. The gun counter help for the most part don't seem to be too knowledgeable. But they are friendly and not high pressure.

Pricing is good. I've seen better prices at area gun shops on some models, but never much less than SW. And most of the time at most gun shops, the prices are higher than SW. Still, I'd gladly spend a few more bucks to support a smaller gun shop than a megamart like SW.