The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old November 21, 2008, 08:49 PM   #1
spanishmauser51

newbie collector needs advice!

hey, i'm just getting into LE collecting and shooting and have yet to purchase my first enfield. i personally like the design of the No.1 Mk III over the later No.4's. is it safe to shoot a WWI Mk III w/ commercial ammo?
also i currently have a m1 garand and a m43 spanish mauser issued to the airforce. the garand was made in july of 44 and the barrel in may of 44. all the parts seem to be original springfield. except the stock. the main stock and foregrip feel rough and have very odd wood grain patterns, and also lack and markings. the top hand gard however, is smooth and brown and has a nice wood grain. i am led to beleive that the top hand gaurd is the only piece of the origianl stock left. does this affect the value? how much? also i took it to shoot it after i bought it and 3 rounds into the clip the magazine latch comes apart and the whole thing flys out into my face. a quick inspection and strip reveals that the pin that holds the clip latch 2gther, freely slides in and out of the hole. the recoil of the gun knocks it out. any advice? tips? i ordered new pin, hopefully tht will fix it. any opinions or advoice would be really helpfull

Tags
advice , enfield , garand , mauser