The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old October 9, 2002, 03:41 PM   #1
JimFox

Source for Sako sights

A friend of mine recently acquired a beautiful little Sako Vixen in .222 Rem. Somewhere in it's travels the rear sight had been removed - presumably to allow for the mounting of a scope. The hooded front sight remains on the gun.

She would like to find a rear sight assembly in as near original configuration as possible.

Anyone have any ideas?

Neither the Sako nor the Beretta web site was of any help. Numrich Gun Parts was no help, and Brownells doesn't list any Sako specific sights (or parts either for that matter). Brownells does have rear ramps and sights that would probably work out OK - but my friend would prefer originals if possible.

I'd appreciate any leads.

Thanks.
Old October 10, 2002, 09:05 AM   #2
George Stringer
Staff Alumnus

Jim, you should contact Sako. I'm almost sure they'd be able to help you out. George
Old October 11, 2002, 11:39 PM   #3
JohnKirk

I still own a beautiful Sako in .222 Rem. Mag. purchased in 1968 in San Antonio. At the time, I purchased a Sako aperture sight that fit on the rear Sako dove tail. I immediately mounted a 7.5X Leupold which still lives on this wonderful rifle; never used the sight.

I forget what I paid at the time, but I sold it at a gun show a very few years ago for $ 85. It is/was a beautiful piece of machined, blued steel.

I expect it is still available, but the Sako site doesn't list it, but does have an E-mail inquiry page.

http://www.sako.fi/feedback.html

Not to be inquisitive, but why don't you mount a scope on that treasure? If she doesn't love it, E-mail me, make you a deal.