The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old September 7, 1999, 10:59 PM   #1
Joey

Where can I find Brenneke slugs? I've seen them once in a catloug but they were advtrized for rifled barrels only, or can these slugs be used in any shotgun only with reduced performance?
Old September 8, 1999, 06:29 AM   #2
longhair

Cheaper Than Dirt carries the Brenneke slugs.
They carry the KO slug which I don't think is rifled and they also carry the rifled slug. I'm sure there are others who have them, but CTD is the one I know of personally. FWIW

------------------
RKBA
www.southernparty.org

Old September 8, 1999, 10:43 AM   #3
BlkHawk73

I use them (rifled) in my Benelli w/ excllant results. (key hole three @ 50yrds with iron sights) Any reputable dealer in your area should be able to aquire them for you and they are usually cheaper than the more frequently seen slgs (Federal, Remington...)
Old September 8, 1999, 04:37 PM   #4
longhair

BlkHawk I'm glad you like them. I've been going to get some to try for the longest, but never made the move. I reckon I'll just have to go ahead and get some, I need another excuse to take my shotgun out!

------------------
RKBA
www.southernparty.org

Old September 8, 1999, 05:59 PM   #5
Glock Raider

Sports Authority has breneke slugs. Check this slug out the Quick-shok it supposedly functions like the Triton cartridge pistol round. http://www.polywad.com/qs12ga.html
Old September 9, 1999, 06:36 AM   #6
longhair

GlockR, those look interesting, but I do wonder about their accuracy in a smooth bore. I know what they say, but you know. Guess I could always get a box and check them out. Hey! another excuse to play w/ the ol' pump gun

------------------
RKBA
www.southernparty.org

Old September 9, 1999, 09:34 AM   #7
Joey

I've struck out trying to find some Brenneke Slugs. Cheaper Than Dirt, Sportsman Guide and everyplace else that I've tried is either out or do not carry these slugs.

Went and tried to find someplace that has the Quik Shok slugs, again no joy in finding any. Think I might just end up trying to get some factory direct.

Never knew it was so har to find good slugs before
Old September 9, 1999, 06:24 PM   #8
Glock Raider

Don't hold me to this but I think you can order the Quik-shok from Ivanhoes Warehouse Outlet (888)811-2224 Longhair I have shot the Quik-shoks out of my Benelli S90 and my Beretta 1201Fp and experinced pretty good accuracy. If you can't get the QS or Breneke why not try the fedral tactical slugs they can be found at www.ammoman.com happy shooting
Old September 9, 1999, 07:38 PM   #9
chucko

Breneke slugs come in types for rifled and smooth bore barrels.

One note about sabot slugs. Some of them depend on the rotation for proper seperation of the sabot and slug.

American Rifleman had a real good article on shotgun slugs in the August 98 issue. The covered several types of Foster, Breneke, and Sabot slugs, as well as the performance, pros and cons of each. The article even lists sources for each different type of slug.

If you don't have access to back issues let me know and I'll Email it to you.
( Tell me before Saturday Morning. I'm going out of town for a while)

Chuck

[This message has been edited by chucko (edited September 09, 1999).]
Old September 10, 1999, 06:43 AM   #10
longhair

Thanks G.R.

------------------
RKBA
www.southernparty.org