The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old April 30, 2009, 04:55 PM   #1
onthemoney

Kobra Scope Repair

I've got a Kobra red-dot scope with a broken reticle selector switch. Any repair places out there? Just need a microswitch. The outside button is OK. Everything else works and I can still select any of the 4 reticles using the on/off switch. Anyone maybe got a "dead" Kobra that I could rob a switch out of?

I might be able to repair the microswitch if someone can tell me how to remove it. Seems like it comes out from the right side with the switchplate removed. There are 4 identical microswitches behind the switchplate. Are they soldered in to a PC board?, hardwired?. I'm nervous about removing the bottom cover. Is the scope nitrogen filled?
Old May 14, 2009, 12:52 PM   #2
onthemoney

Found Broken Kobra Scope

I have located a broken Kobra scope and do not need another. If I can figure out how to transplant a switch, I may have success. Anybody been deep inside a Russian Kobra red-dot scope? Is it booby-trapped?
Old July 2, 2012, 12:21 PM   #3
LESchwartz

Well, I'm here three years later with exactly the same issue with the same switch . . .

Did you ever figure out how to repair your Kobra?

Larry
Old July 3, 2012, 01:56 AM   #4
bamaranger

kalinka

Have you tried talking to the Kalinka Optics people and see if they could effect a repair?

My only guess.
Old August 25, 2013, 10:24 PM   #5
LESchwartz

Well finally found a switch (after a year): The Omron D2F-01 looks to be a direct replacement for the switches in the Kobra. It's about 0.020 thicker, but otherwise it's the same.

Larry