The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 17, 2008, 02:05 AM   #1
Nero45

Question about a ammo website

Just wanting to know if anyone has purchased ammo from http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/index.php and if so have you had good or bad time getting the ammo? Thank you.
Old December 17, 2008, 08:46 AM   #2
LucifersPants

Haven't ordered from there. But try this...www.natchezss.com. I just stocked up on about 1500 rounds of .22lr from them. Very reasonable shipping price compared to other sites, and they had CCI Mini Mags at $5.33 per 100, compared to the $9.95 that shops locally expect me to pay. Even with the shipping charges I saved about 40%. And shipping charges don't go up as quickly as you'd think...you can hit "estimate shipping charges" as you go, and even as you add more and more weight, the price doesn't go up all that much...so stock up! You'll save a ton!
Old December 17, 2008, 10:20 AM   #3
WC145

I bought 500rds of 9mm and 500rds of .223 from them a few weeks ago. Their prices were very good, shipping reasonable and I had the stuff in less than a week. Of course, right now they are sold out of a lot of stuff, like everyone else. I went back to the web site last week to place another order for the same ammo and it was all gone.
Old December 17, 2008, 10:28 AM   #4
wogpotter

Yes & I'm a repeat (& happy) customer.
Old December 17, 2008, 01:34 PM   #5
SigfanTN

That has been (and still is) my favorite place to order ammo from. I think the prices are very good, and the shipping has been reasonable and reasonably fast. My last order from them was placed 11/4, though, so the buying frenzy has caused things to be out of stock and I'm sure shipping takes a little longer.

I've never had a problem with them, though, and for the Federal HST's in the 50 ct. box I have been buying in pistol calibers, the prices have been as good as anywhere else I've found.
Old December 17, 2008, 01:59 PM   #6
kayakersteve

Ammo to go is GREAT!

Just got in another 500 rounds of 45acp - Great prices, service and it seems to be a solid company - They do have a current disclaimer because of higher volumes of orders thanks to Obama that shipping of new orders may be delayed. It's worth the wait
Old December 17, 2008, 06:08 PM   #7
WC145

As a follow up to my earlier post I wanted to mention that I ordered another 500rds of .223 from them today. The email they sent me says that they're running a couple of weeks behind on shipping. I guess we'll see how long it takes.
Old December 19, 2008, 01:36 AM   #8
yosemitesamaz

not orderd from them yet but know people that have and they were happy.luckily theres always 2 gun shows a month in my neck of the woods so i stock up regulary
Old December 19, 2008, 01:48 AM   #9
B. Lahey

ammunitiontogo.com is awesome. They are a little backed up right now, they used to ship blazing fast, but I'm sure they will be back in their old form pretty soon.

Great selection. You can get everything you need even if you are an ammo nerd who likes weird stuff (me).
Old December 20, 2008, 03:34 AM   #10
Nero45

Thank you for the help but....

I want to thank everyone that helped decided to order some ammo from the site in question. However, I think they are going to get into legal issues. I live in the state of IL which has the dumb FOID cards. To purchase ammo you must present this to ANY AND ALL dealers wither it be in person or on line. The site didn't request a copy of my FOID. I don't mean to complain but I don't want them to go out of business because they didn't fallow the law. Any thoughts?
Old December 20, 2008, 12:52 PM   #11
kayakersteve

Call them and ask..

I think you might not be able to buy from them because your state people want to know exactly how much ammo you have when they come looking for it!!!
Old December 23, 2008, 07:29 PM   #12
Nero45

No thats not the case. I live in the lower section of the state according to the law I can order ammo they just have to have a copy of my FOID card. They don't send it in to the State Police saying Nero45 just purchased 500 rounds of 7.62X39. The State Police just want to know if you puchased a gun and even then they don't know what you have. Their paper work is so screwed up. Well we will see.
Old December 28, 2008, 10:26 AM   #13
sognky

first time

Never bought any ammo online before, just placed a small order with Natchez to see how it goes. Did so based on the posts here. Will let you know how it goes. They seemed to have decent prices. I suppose Ups will leave on doorstep but if not there's a pickup center about 5 miles from the house.
A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.....George Washington