The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old March 2, 2005, 08:41 PM   #1
John Ringo

Need Some Virginia/Ohio CCW Help

Hey Folks,

I am an Ohio CCW. I just moved to Alexandria, VA. I see that Virginia has reciprocity with Ohio.

Any advice here? Will I get into deep [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color] for carrying here? How much "reciprocity" do these two states exercise???

Regards,
JR

"I like these calm little moments before the storm (Stansfield, The Professional)."
Old March 3, 2005, 12:51 AM   #2
chris in va

John, your question was answered with your original post before you moved to Alexandria.

http://thefiringline.com/forums/show...ia+reciprocity

But I would call the local State Patrol office just to be sure. I did email for you but the lady really gave me a vague answer.

But reciprocity is just that...you can carry here in VA with the OH permit, so don't worry about that.
Old March 3, 2005, 10:59 AM   #3
Duxman

John,

Talk to an attorney. Its probably worth your time to double check. Packing.org has some good information as well.

But if you need to get a VA CC - its pretty easy. If you have certification, just show up with the proper paperwork and $50 to the county clerk's office.

Good luck.

JJ
Old March 3, 2005, 07:17 PM   #4
John Ringo

Thanks folks !!!!!

"I like these calm little moments before the storm (Stansfield, The Professional)."
Old March 4, 2005, 02:04 PM   #5
skidmark

Location: Richmond VA - home of a street full of second-place trophies.
JR -

check out the VCDL (Virginia Citizen Defense League) website and consider spending the $15 for membership.

Alexandria has a "history" of requiring extra hoops and trying delaying tactics to keep you waiting longer than the 45 days the law says they have to issue the permit (regular or Temporary). VCDL has an outstanding track record for getting them back in line and complying with the law as it was written.

You are pretty close to where VCDL holds its regular meetings, and may want to show up to see what they do & talk with the folks. I'm still waiting for the time I can get up the road and go out open-carry afterwards with them. From what I've heard it was more exciting in the past, but still a good time enjoyed by all.

If you ever get down to Richmond let me know. We'll have to go to the range.

stay safe.

skidmark