The Firing Line Forums
Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > S.W.A.T. Magazine

Old March 23, 2006, 11:18 PM   #1
alduro

Latest SWAT Issue and the Border

Just thought I'd drop a line about the latest issue of SWAT and the great article on the struggles at the border. I suspect this will become a larger issue in the 2008 election and my heart goes out to those fighting this war....and at the same time get called vigilantes by those to scared to face the reality of the problem.

Thanks for the article.
alduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23, 2006, 11:36 PM   #2
Jeff Randall

alduro,

Thanks for the comments. Personally I think we need to throw out the bastards that are not doing anything about the border, this means both the 2006 and 2008 elections.

Jeff
Old March 24, 2006, 12:16 AM   #3
cuate

Jeff........I agree 100% !
cuate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2006, 01:48 AM   #4
alduro

Not as easy as all of that fella's. I work as a LEO and can tell you that some of our information comes from such organizations as the ADL and the Southern Poverty Law Center, unfortunantly, as valuable as these organizations are in providing information on extremist groups within the U.S. they are also highly political and in this case, dead wrong. Throwing the baby out with the bathwater will do no good, instead getting the truth out by reputable sources will help much more. We just need more balance...SWAT is filling a niche.
Old March 24, 2006, 02:12 AM   #5
Kirk Keller

Jeff,

I really appreciated your article. Well written and spot on. I'm from New Mexico originally and have seen the issues first hand. Nothing new, but getting markedly worse.

Thanks again,

Kirk
Old March 24, 2006, 08:33 AM   #6
Jeff Randall

I've "followed" the SPLC for a while - they're dead wrong on many things. I realize that some law enforcement uses them for reporting on extremist groups but I also know that they are very biased and have an agenda. On the surface their "intelligence report" seems to do a good job because of white supremacists and other idiots in this country, but a little digging and you will find the the biggest agenda of SPLC is profit. While law enforcement may accept the SPLC reports, and even cite them publicly sometimes, I know a lot of guys in federal law enforcement that absolutley will not put any faith in anything SPLC has their hands in.

Some research on Morris Dees will turn up some interesting facts on what he really is. The SPLC is nothing more than a liberal organization that uses blacks and minorities for their own gain. "Non profit" my ass.
Old March 24, 2006, 01:24 PM   #7
alduro

Jeff, I agree with you about the SPLC....however as you say, they are sometimes cited as a credible source, because they are established. Their politics and agenda do make me sick, but it doesn't undermine their credibility to my chief or other higher ups...they maintain a good face. Personally, I disagree with them frequently and take everything they say with a grain of salt...pretty much like the ACLU.
Old March 24, 2006, 03:33 PM   #8
Denny Hansen
Staff Emeritus

Thanks for the kind remarks. It's a story that needs telling. And while the trouble originates at the border, it sooner or later affects the entire country.

FYI, Jeff spend so much time away from home researching this article, we've decided to make him an honorary Arizonan.

Denny
Denny Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2006, 03:50 PM   #9
OBIWAN

I hear you Denny

Here in Colorado we are considering forming a separate State Law enforcement group just to deal with illegals

and we are a long way from the border
OBIWAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2006, 04:20 PM   #10
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
And while the trouble originates at the border, it sooner or later affects the entire country.
Even here in Ohio, it's become a significant problem.

Several months ago, a car load of illegals went left of center and hit one of our officers head on. The driver was DUI and naturally, had no insurance.

We notified INS when they were taken into custody. Their response was essentially, "don't call us; we'll call you" .

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie
Capt. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2006, 04:29 PM   #11
alduro

The last Dallas Officer killed in the line of duty was killed by an illegal alien that had spent a couple of weeks in the Dallas county pokey, INS was notified but never even came to interview the inmate....he was released and a short while later, we buried one of our boys in blue.

On the other hand, INS does a tremendous job everytime I get a background check I recieve a letter in the mail demanding that I prove my citizenship (I was born in Brazil, but have American parents). It happened when getting a security clearance and when applying for a Texas CHL. The ironic thing is, I was working as a Federal Officer at the time.

Thanks INS....you're doing a bang-up job.
Old March 24, 2006, 05:19 PM   #12
Jeff Randall

A buddy of ine that's a federal LEO emailed me this statement: "The only reason anything ever gets done is because there are pockets of competency in every command."

In my opinion, we should indeed throw the baby out with the bathwater, since the bathwater and the baby are both dirty. The only thing that will ever change the insanity of Washington DC is to un-elect every elected official there when it comes ballot time. George Bush, in my opinion, is one of the biggest problems we have when it comes to border security.
Old March 24, 2006, 06:16 PM   #13
alduro

Do you think that a candidate will run that is anti-illegal alien and pro-gun? I think the whole Republican vs. Democrat thing is a stage show for the unwashed masses anyhow.

I'm watching the protests in Arizona right now for illegal immigrant rights. If anyone reading this lives in Arizona, it's time to get active.
Old March 24, 2006, 08:36 PM   #14
Jeff Randall

alduro,

I agree with you - I don't think there's a dimes worth of difference between a Republican and Democrat. George Wallace, former governor of Alabama, said that a long time ago.

As far as electing pro-gun, anti-illegal alien candidates I believe there are candidates out there like that, but instead of just putting those two qualifiers on them I would rather say let's just vote for Pro-Consitutional candidates, regardless of party. I still say we should kick any incumbent out that we can just to show them that their jobs can be taken away at will.

Jeff
Old March 29, 2006, 10:40 AM   #15
Spectre
Staff Alumnus

My SIL is being hassled by immigration. She's a German who has done all the paperwork, and then missed an interview that she was never notified of.

Great person, salt of the earth, reliable, kind, and a better English speaker than many Americans. Makes no sense...
Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2006, 11:22 AM   #16
Dust_Devil

I just wished the politicians here would step up and speak out more on this.

Recently, a bunch of high school students here in the Phoenix area, mainly Hispanic, walked out of class to go on a protest march against any immigration laws that would put more restrictions and patrol at the border.

H.S. students should not be walking out on the middle of the day protesting against keeping our borders more secure.
There is an extreme arrogance in the Hispanic community here where they actually think they own this land and can do whatever they want and can cross borders how they want and our politicians aren't that quick to set them straight.
Dust_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2006, 11:44 AM   #17
NedreckSavant

I think that instead of waiting for the next big candidate that will fix some things we should start looking within. .If some of the REAL HARDWORKING SMART people might start stepping up, you police officers, you SWAT officers, you people coming back from the 'sandbox', give a real thought to the idea of running for whatever you have the nerve to run for. Change starts in places such as these...so it's not the local tavern from two hundred years ago, it IS one of few bastions of 'community' I've seen left, even if the community is the whole of our country.
NedreckSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2006, 11:55 AM   #18
NedreckSavant

Devil-I think what they were protesting is how many of them would lose family if congress ever decided to deport a couple million people (they won't). As for being an extreme arrogance in the hispanic community over 'foolishly' thinking they might have a right to this land (in arizona, no less!), is it any less arrogant for you to believe you have a right to it? (how white of you!)

And here's a point for everyone, If 'illegal' immigrants could pay taxes (more taxes, sales tax & property tax ain't enough) they would. They would LOVE to pay taxes...If you offered them the 'right' to pay triple taxes in exchange for a guest worker pass-you wouldn't have any passes left.

And WHY OH WHY are we modeling our whole immigration policy on the french?! This whole guest worker/immigration plan bush's going on is failing in their country and is partially why all the poor immigrant's are going nuts over there. Where do we sign up?
Old March 29, 2006, 12:13 PM   #19
Harley Quinn

I just got around to reading the article last night.

Very good article in my opinion. Thanks for the article and taking the hits that are going to come from the likes of Morris Dee.

This is not all of the story, I am sure but it is a good start.

It is to bad that Jack Foote did not show up in court. Therin lies my hesitation, but I will say all, is not disclosed.

Have to wait on more information to make a good decision on this one.
I can't believe it is happening, but then trash and debris left on someones property does not allow them to shoot and kill innocent trespasers in my opinion.
It is pretty apparant the US is trying to do something and the citizens are forcing a show down.

Guns and shooting are one thing, trespassing to get into the US is totally another. Vigilantes are what they are (that is the common word for what they are doing) Good or bad it is going to come to a head and with the good reporting you have done it will happen sooner.

The incident in 85, lets put that in perspective, 21 years ago.

Thanks for the article.

HQ
Harley Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2006, 01:03 PM   #20
Jeff Randall

The bottom line is illegal is illegal. Illegal behavior should not be rewarded. Period. Anyone who wants to make it appear to be something other than illegal has no respect for the law themselves.

I find it funny that all these people who defend these people breaking the law and trashing rancher's property don't live on the border, and most likely have never been there.

Am I biased against these people? You bet. When they can walk in a medical center and get free emergency care and other free social services and then protest on the streets with their Mexican flags against this "cruel" country, I think they should be jailed and forced to work under hard labor.
Old March 29, 2006, 01:16 PM   #21
NedreckSavant

Yeah jeff, that's it, take them from living 8 to a onebedroom and working 12 hour days for 2 bucks an hour and imprison them with less people while making them work less...that's it. When did everyone forget that we're all human, and we all want better lives for ourselves and our families. If I lived in a craphole like mexico you bet yer *** I'd be the first one over that fence/river/rancher's back yard. Doesn't make it right, doesn't fix the problem, but we need to start taking a different view than "keep those smelly uneducated poor people in that smelly uneducated poor country...by the way, can we build a nonregulated factory over there?"

We're all in the together, you can't just keep sweeping it back over the border.
Old March 29, 2006, 01:39 PM   #22
buckster

The Prez and Vicente Fox has failed in controlling our borders and down below Mexico. People are swarming his country down their and he just passes them on to us. Mexico is a prime example of what uncontrolled immigration can do and now it's happening here. These non-Mexican people are running from drug lords and slave rings because all those govt's are cozying up to the Chinese, making oil deals with them. Good Americans should have taken to the streets like they did but we missed another chance to defend our rights. Why is this happening? Because we let it. What remedy do we have? The constitution gave us the ballot box, the jury box, and the ammo box. Vermont has started Impeachment proceedings on a state level and I encourage every state to do the same
buckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2006, 01:43 PM   #23
NedreckSavant

Impeachment of who in vermont?
Old March 29, 2006, 01:52 PM   #24
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
If I lived in a craphole like mexico you bet yer *** I'd be the first one over that fence/river/rancher's back yard. Doesn't make it right,
NS, what part of illegal aren't you getting? There is a well established, legal procedure for entering this Country. Thousands do it every year, and I have no problem with those that do it, legally.

Illegals ignore this option, and spit on our laws. If they ignore immigration laws, do you honestly think they'll honor our other laws, and respect our people?

As Jeff said, ask our ranchers that have had their property trashed, vandalized, and stolen. If you lived on one of those ranches, there's no doubt in my mind that you'd be singing a different song.

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie
Capt. Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2006, 02:23 PM   #25
Jeff Randall

Some of the finest people I have known in the world are my "extended families" in Latin America. I travel in Latin America frequently. I speak their language. I obey their laws. I enter their country legally. I even own property (legally) in Peru.

This has nothing to do with who these people are or where they're from. It has everything to do with what is legal and not legal. We are allowing social political correctness to keep us from enforcing this country's laws. The one thing that the feds are suppose to do is enforce the security of the border, yet they don't do it because people like Morris Dees and minority rights groups raise hell while us legal Americans keep our mouths shut.

We have illegal aliens who have sued ranch owners because the ranch owner detained them for tresspassing and trashing his ranch. These illegal aliens now own the ranch. What kind of bull**** American justice is that?

NedreckSavant: I don't mince words with people. What's legal is legal and what's illegal is illegal. I will stand on what's legal whether it's hurts someone's feelings or not. I don't owe anyone a living, health care, or even a helping hand, nor does the United States of America. If you want to come to this country then I welcome you, but come legal. Otherwise, when you die from dehydration in the desert trying to break America's laws, of well I don't really give a ****. It's real simple to me: America first - always and with no exceptions. Either be a legal American or a visiting legal tourist, or get the hell out of MY country.