The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old March 20, 2007, 11:11 PM   #1
trooper3385

Traveler's Guide to Firearm Laws of the Fifty States

I noticed this in the April issue of American Rifleman. This should be real useful for those of you CHL holders that will be traveling state to state. It's called the Travelers Guide to Firearm Laws of the Fifty States. It's the 11th edition written by some lawyer and it breaks down the laws of all the states into a more understandable form. It covers concealed-carry reciprocity; carry of firearms in motor vehicles; firearm law preemption; state laws regulating firearms; open carry; and the Castle Doctrine. It cost $12.95 plus $3.00 shipping. I have not seen this book before, but if it any good, it sounds like it should be a pretty good deal.

POB 2156
Covington, KY 41012
(859) 647-5100
www.gunlawguide.com

P.S.
No, I'm not a salesman for the book. I just noticed it in the magazine and thought it could be useful for some of you since there is quite a few questions about the different CHL laws from one state to another.
Old March 20, 2007, 11:33 PM   #2
stephen426

There is another great resource regarding the laws pertaining to concealed carry in other states. That site is www.packing.org . In addition, I found Florida's site rather useful (for Florida residents of course) for listing which states offered reciprocity (or accepted Florida's permit without reciprocity).
Old March 21, 2007, 10:41 AM   #3
Samurai

Move to "Legal & Political"?

- Why is it that we fire 1,000 rounds and know that we need more practice, but yet we punch a bag 10 times and think we know how to fight?

- When in doubt, train, train, train...