The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old May 11, 2005, 10:49 PM   #1
Mark54g

No more complaining

about how you can't find clothes to carry. If he can do this, you can carry a handgun

http://www.bangedup.com/bu_posts/demohi22dfg3e4t3tr.wmv

I would not recommend visiting the webpage at work as most of the content is NOT work safe
Old May 11, 2005, 10:54 PM   #2
Hardtarget

Two knives and ten guns. Some of them were pretty big. I thought the shotgun was a nice touch.
Mark.
Old May 11, 2005, 10:56 PM   #3
ATW525

If he could walk with the shotgun like that I would be impressed.
Old May 11, 2005, 11:16 PM   #4
yorec

I'm NOT impressed with the message. They figure 'cause the kid stuffed a shotgun in one pantleg that people would believe there are students doing this at school and thus justify thier policy? A crock o' $%@^, I say.
Old May 12, 2005, 07:42 AM   #5
BatmanX

If that kid took 10 steps, all the guns would be on the ground.
No holsters all carried mexican style.
Looks like maybe there was 4? taken out of pockets?

Ridiculous.
That message portrays the wrong message!

Current shopping list:
Bersa Thunder 9mm
CZ SP01

Current Ownage:
CZ-P01
Bersa .380 (Duo tone)
Kel Tec P3AT (SG)
Stoeger 2000 (black syn.) 26"
Winchester Model 97 12 gauge FULL
Marlin Firearms Model 60 22LR
Old May 12, 2005, 08:09 AM   #6
Trip20

I posted this video a week ago: http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169760

"Closed" for not being "firearm related".......
Old May 12, 2005, 01:07 PM   #7
yorec

Trip20, when you posted it the discussion devolved into a "school uniforms" issue. Because it did so, aparently someone failed to see the other issues and used his Modhammer...

Should have concentrated on the videos anti- propoganda, what this teaches our kids, how firearms are perceived in school, carry options, identifying the guns the kid pulled out, or any of a dozen other gun related angles... Agreed it should have went that way, but did not. This time it did - participate and be glad the subject was brought back to be discussed - what's going on in our schools in the way of gun demonization is shocking!
Old May 12, 2005, 01:54 PM   #8
Twycross

The first time that kid sits down at his desk the SG and MP will be there for all to see. And I would bet just about anything that he will have to stop, bend down, and pick up a pistol off the floor every two minutes just walking around. Its hard enough to carry one gun mexican style, let alone half a dozen. And the SG would make him walk like Frankenstien's monster, even in the unlikely scenario that it stays up. This is hardly "concealed carry".
Old May 12, 2005, 01:57 PM   #9
Netzapper

I first saw that in Bowling for Columbine (yes, I watched it; and, despite what most people here think about Moore, it really wasn't thoughtless anti-gun propaganda).

I am in agreement with people here who point out that the video doesn't do anything but imply that kids are carrying that many weapons. As mentioned, there's no way that guy could have walked very far like that without spilling fifteen pounds of steel on the ground.

Even if we argue the original poster's point, that this "prooves" that people can conceal whatever weapon they want to carry... that's true, but when I carry (doing the papework currently), I have every intention of doing my regular day-to-day stuff. You know, like sitting at computers, digging cigarettes out of my pocket, shaking hands with people, tying my shoes, etc. Throughout all of this, I do not want my weapon to print or show. There's a difference between hiding any number of guns for fifteen seconds, and trying to hide one all day, every day.

For me, the only place I can conceal a full-size firearm is the small of my back. Sure, I could wear a trenchcoat, and strap weapons to every square inch of my body. But, my intention isn't to assault a school building, but rather to protect myself.
Old May 12, 2005, 02:18 PM   #10
Trip20

yorec - no need for reproach, my friend.

It was moved to the political forum for some reason. I was trying to compare the propaganda (i.e. video of student concealing an arsenal) to what is proposed in the video (i.e. school uniforms = no one will be shot in school).

Certainly worthy of discussion in TFL. And yes I'm glad it has been brought back to be discussed - even if it's to discuss clothes to wear for carry - and completely ignore the propaganda side of things (that is until yourself and BatmanX so perceptively chimed in and pointed out the ridiculousness).
Old May 12, 2005, 02:29 PM   #11
Mark54g

My intent

was purely on the humor of such an absurd assumption. I wonder how long it took to get him to the desk to unload his cache of weapons and if he had to have it all shoved in while he was there or if he walked from the doorway.
I also was poking a little playful fun at people who want a hand cannon hidden in a pair of shorts without printing.
Old May 12, 2005, 03:27 PM   #12
Netzapper

Ah. Well, if the intention was humor, you won on that one. Movie magic.
Old May 12, 2005, 04:37 PM   #13
BatmanX

Wait a minute!!!!

I would be interested in the "proper" attire the voice over is talking about.
I am sure you could fit just as many guns in ANY ATTIRE the way that kid was doing it. It looks as if the SG is resting the barrel on the floor! hhehahaha

The whole thing is laughable, but I am sure the kid could hide any number of guns in any outfit, by just standing there and shoving them in his shirt like this video showed.

I mean come on!@ The sheer weight ALONE of the SG and Mac.

Current shopping list:
Bersa Thunder 9mm
CZ SP01

Current Ownage:
CZ-P01
Bersa .380 (Duo tone)
Kel Tec P3AT (SG)
Old May 12, 2005, 05:55 PM   #14
Bullrock

Trip20

Quote:
"Closed" for not being "firearm related".......
Holy s**t! What were those gizmo's that kid was pulling out of his pants, and laying on the table?

Must have been his steel underwear...
Old May 12, 2005, 10:30 PM   #15
Trip20

LMAO Bullrock. I will respectfully disgree with you.

(because they may be watching and I do not want to get caught)

But yeah, I thought it was just as obvious.
Old May 12, 2005, 10:41 PM   #16
sarmstrong806

It does seem ridiculous because you could just as easily hide some of those guns with a tucked in shirt. Most likely if a school has that big of a problem they have metal detectors and clear backpacks.

Certain clothes would make it easier to identify that you had 10 hand guns and a shotgun in your pants, but I doubt everyone is carrying that.

Mainly I think it was done for shock value to support what was trying to be accomplished by the school board.
Sheridan Pellet Rifle .20 caliber w/ 4x scope
Old May 12, 2005, 11:07 PM   #17
ATW525

Quote:
Most likely if a school has that big of a problem they have metal detectors and clear backpacks.
Exactly. The real point of the video is to sell metal detectors to schools, if I'm not mistaken. At least that's the best of my recollection from the description of the clip when it appears in Bowling.
Old May 13, 2005, 08:49 AM   #18
sterno

The beginning of the video is chopped off. It shows a woman walking and talking about how baggy clothes make it possible to conceal anything and that's why you should buy this company's metal detectors.
Old May 13, 2005, 08:56 AM   #19
BatmanX

Really? It talks about metal detectors?
I can't watch it here at work, but I thought the lady said something to the affect of "we should" or "our school" wants unifroms. Or something to that affect. I assumed she was an administrator at the school.

Current shopping list:
Bersa Thunder 9mm
CZ SP01

Current Ownage:
CZ-P01
Bersa .380 (Duo tone)
Kel Tec P3AT (SG)
Old May 13, 2005, 09:20 AM   #20
ATW525

No, she works for a company selling metal detectors. I think the idea is they send this video out (which is significantly longer than what we see here) and it has tips for increasing school security through ideas like dress codes, while at the same time working up paranoia about what students might be carrying to class. I think the company in question might also offer appropriate training and other security consulting services on top of the metal detectors, as well.
Old May 25, 2005, 08:52 AM   #21
big daddy 9mm

O..... K.....

I agree, that kid would have to move only 3 feet to have his aresonal on the floor. no matter what you restrict. people will always find ways around it good and bad. they rifled shot guns illegal so what we did we do, we made rifled slugs. and the list goes on. they could make those kids come tp school naked and they would just shove a pistle up their ass. you guys are right. that was retarded!! THE MORE LAW ABIDING PEOPLE CARRY GUNS THE SAFER WE WILL ALL BE!!!!