The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old April 15, 2005, 05:00 PM   #1
Kirby

Franchi I-12

I'm looking for a good semi auto shotgun. I recently payed a visit to a local Dick's and picked up a Franchi catalogue. The I-12 caught my eye. Has anyone handled one yet? Are they reliable, and are they okay for an entry level shotgun? Thanks
Old April 20, 2005, 05:02 PM   #2
Steamboatsig

I dont know anything about the I-12 but I got the 712 Raptor. I like it. I had to do some stock work to it, but it sure is purty. The difference is that the I-12 uses Benelli's Inertia Driven technology and the 712 is gas operated.
Old April 20, 2005, 05:08 PM   #3
Christopher II

I have a matched pair of Franchi 612 Defense shotguns. They work, and work, and work, and just keep on working. Never had a failure with either one, in well over a thousand rounds (everything from Remington Magnum 2-3/4" slugs to 2-1/2" dram dove loads.) Low recoil, quick cycle time, and not too heavy. I love them.

So of course, Franchi discontinued the 612 series last year. Hence the matched pair - I'm looking for a third...

- Chris

"Contrary to popular belief, your vote does not matter, and you cannot make a difference." - Bob Murphy, "Picking Neither of Two Evils"

My PGP Public Key
Old April 22, 2005, 03:20 PM   #4
Steamboatsig

I also received my Franchi catalog in the mail. The I-12 looks hot! I still think that the 712 Raptor is the best looking shotgun out there, but the I-12 looks to have everything you would want in a shotgun.