The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 4, 2012, 08:36 AM   #1
rebs

CC while wearing jogging pants

I ran into a guy at the LGS a feww days ago and we got to talking about CC. As it turned out he was carrying and was wearing jogging pants. I asked how he keeps the gun from pulling down on his waist band. He lifted up his shirt and showed me how he wears a belt and an inside the waist band holster under his jogging pants. The top of the holster and his gun are just above the waist band for quick and easy access with just pulling his shirt up. So I have tried it the last couple days and found it to work great.
Does anyone else wear CC this way ?
BTW he was carrying a full size 1911.
Old December 4, 2012, 08:49 AM   #2
rayban

How comfortable is that?
I have a guy coming over later today who wears sweat pants most of the time and wants a carry rig.......I've done a fair amount of running and I can't imagine doing 5 miles with a 1911.
How bout a picture?
Old December 4, 2012, 12:01 PM   #3
rebs

I don't have a picture, it was a guy I met at the gun shop that showed me how he carries with jogging pants. I have tried it for a couple days and it is comfortable. The holster and gun are on the belt that you wear under your jogging pants, the weight is on the belt.
Old December 4, 2012, 12:08 PM   #4
barstoolguru

try a belly band, you can carry a lot more then a gun
Old December 4, 2012, 12:14 PM   #5
SigMic

The belly bands sound interesting. I'd be curious if they are more or less comfortable than a standard belt/holster....and how hot they would seem here in Texas...
Old December 4, 2012, 07:18 PM   #6
weblance

SmartCarry is another option. OR a belt clip on a DAO pistol like the KelTec, or Ruger LC9. Suspenders under your shirt will help carry the weight. Theres also pocket carry, for smaller guns like the tiny .380s and .32s or a snub nosed light weight revolver.
Old December 4, 2012, 07:32 PM   #7
Kreyzhorse

Quote:
I've done a fair amount of running and I can't imagine doing 5 miles with a 1911.
I don't think he was actually jogging with that set up. If he was, he must jog in a really bad neighborhood...
Old December 4, 2012, 08:18 PM   #8
barstoolguru

Quote:
The belly bands sound interesting. I'd be curious if they are more or less comfortable than a standard belt/holster....and how hot they would seem here in Texas...
I wear one ever day with no problems, I make changes to mine with a needle an thread. I carry a flash light , pepper spray, extra mag, and a knife and a glock 26, all with out pockets

just so you know I live in texas
Old December 4, 2012, 09:24 PM   #9
rebs

He doesn't actually jog, he just enjoys wearing jogging pants. He wasn't wearing the fleece king but the wind breaker kind with the tie around the waist.
Old December 5, 2012, 08:38 PM   #10
barstoolguru

Quote:
but the wind breaker kind with the tie around the waist.
what if he was breaking wind instead of cutting it; what would ya wear then..... a gas mask?
Old December 5, 2012, 08:59 PM   #11
colbad

Check out a holster called Thunderwear (http://www.thunderwear.com) . I have worn this under gym trunks and shorts with Sig 229 w/ no profile. I prefer my S&W 642 or Glock 27 which fits better, but the point is that you can carry a full frame just as easy. Might want to practice with this a bit in that it carries right over the groin. Could shoot something off you might need if not careful.
Old December 5, 2012, 09:07 PM   #12
YARDDOG(1)

Fanny Packs works wonders ; )
Y/D
Old December 7, 2012, 10:23 PM   #13
johnwilliamson062

For running you will want a drop leg under the sweat pants. I haven't found a good rig to run with that isn't drop leg. You can look at cutting the pockets out of the sweatpants.