The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old March 24, 2009, 01:46 PM   #26
GuyMontag

I admit I didn't read all posts...

Why not create your own little laminated card? Hand the officer your license with one hand and with the other hold your permit and homemade card. (Obviously you'd only need to do this when carpooling)

The card might include a brief statement of what you'd say verbally and include that you are asking for the officer's respect in not sharing this with your work carpool group.

Just a thought.
Old March 24, 2009, 04:58 PM   #27
Keltyke

First of all, it's nobody's business, except the owner of the vehicle. If that person objects to your gun, you can't carry it. No one else has a vote. Make sure whatever entity you work for doesn't have a "no guns" policy, too.

As for the LEO who stops you, comply with the law in your state, calmly and matter-of-factly. I wouldn't ask the LEO for special favors or treatment in the handling of you disclosing the possession of a weapon. If someone in the car asks you about your weapon after the fact, explain the same way, calmly, matter-of-factly, and simply. If you present a calm, rational, factual face, others, even antis, will be more likely to accept it. You might remind any objectors that your gun protects THEM, too.
Old March 25, 2009, 08:11 AM   #28
Housezealot

my concern is that while my company has no existing policy on concealed carry, that if there was an incedent they may create one, like I say two of the people I transport are mentally retarded, and while I work in the office, there is another branch of our company that works exclusivley with the devolopmentaly disable, and I belive my boss would not want the care givers carring, (for obvius reason). so I would be stuck telling these two individuals that I could no longer give them a ride, Or I could no longer carry at work. while I feel secure in the office there are times when I run errands to the worst parts of Flint during the course of my job