The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old May 3, 2013, 12:38 PM   #1
Northslope Nimrod

Recommend offset sight & mount

I hunt rabbits, foxes and coyotes occassionally. I have a 2x7 scope on my AR that I like, but I want to put an offset sight on for close up work. (rabbits running from under my feet)

1) For the sight - Recommend something less than $150 - leaning toward a red dot. Bushnell and Primary Arms are two I've been looking at.

2) Recommend a decent offset mount that keeps it around 11 O'clock (I'm a lefty). I want to keep the sight as snug up to the gun as possible.

I will be putting it on a S&W M&P. Just realized that I run the PEPR as my primary mount so I don't think I will have room on that rail. Still just running the stock heat shield. Maybe recommend something to replace my heat shield with as well. (adding some rails but keeping it slim & light) I assume if I don't have room under the scope, the next best option is a rail in the grip??