The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old March 2, 2009, 11:52 PM   #1
rog45us

badguybuster gets an F

Talk about getting hosed. Badguybuster sold a set of grips to me and they would not fit as he said they would fit a round N frame and there were chips all round the screw holes and by the finger grooves. I was under the assumption from his description that they were never installed on a gun but with all the chips and such seems they were installed. We just received grips today on 3-2-2009 and badguybuster will not stand up and do the right thing and give a refund. And we tried to discuss with him the issue we had when we got them and we pretty much got blown off as if it was our problem now. If anyone needs info let me know I have all the info and emails from him.
Old March 10, 2009, 06:56 AM   #2
badguybuster

The grips were sent as described and shown in the picture (picture was exact). He bought round butt grips for what was likely an square butt (Ahrends agreed). Expected me to refund him. I suggested if he really felt that way then he should file a Paypal claim (Paypal what a joke). He got his money back (Paypal never even wanted to see the picture or any info) as well as getting to keep my grips.! The gun they were for is still at the engraver so they were NEVER on a gun. They are brand new and I have the receipt to prove it. I got hosed that is the long and short of it.

Last edited by JohnKSa; March 11, 2009 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Keeping it civil.
Old March 11, 2009, 01:50 AM   #3
JohnKSa
Staff

I've deleted a couple of posts.

Per the sticky at the top of this forum listing that everyone is supposed to read before posting--posts on dispute threads are limited to those involved in the dispute or those who have done business with one of the involved parties.
Old March 18, 2009, 07:28 PM   #4
badguybuster

Beware sellers!!

Mr. Dixon decided to keep his money and my grips. They WERE SO BAD, he even contacted Ahrends about how to care for the TUNG OIL finish!! The folks at Ahrends also explained to him why the grips had SO-CALLED gaps in them.
Old March 18, 2009, 10:27 PM   #5
rog45us

Beware Buyers

Mr. Kendall was told the same day I received the grips that they had a problem,they would not fit right and they were chipped and he did not want to hear about it or do anything about it. Mr Kendall said to take it up with paypal, which I did, and he didn't like that.Yes I contacted Ahrends about the fit, I guess it's ok to be able to put a sheet of paper between the grips and the frame. I asked Ahrends where I could get some of the TUNG OIL so that I could finish some of my other grips ONLY. As for as his grips they were sent back to him by the USPS. I tried to take care of this right away but Mr. Kendall did not want to do it. I will not do business with him at anytime. I"ll just buy a set of grips from Hogue. This is the end of this mess! His grips was sent back to him since they would not fit the way he said they would.