The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 15, 2007, 09:04 PM   #1
ranburr

870 Barrels

Anybody know where I can find a cheap source of used Police 870 hvy barrels? I am sending an old Wingmaster to Wilson's for the BP package and I don't want to have to buy a new barrel. Thanks.

ranburr
Old March 15, 2007, 11:26 PM   #2
Dfariswheel

A good source is eBay.
Gun Parts sell both used Remington and Mossberg barrels made for the 870.
You'll probably have to email for availability.
http://www.e-gunparts.com/productsch...Model=0860z870

Wherever you look, be SURE that you buy a Wingmaster or Police barrel NOT an Express barrel.
The Express barrels will likely NOT have the spring detent in the front face of the barrel support ring like the Wingmaster and Police guns do.

Take note that most sellers on eBay have no idea what you're talking about, so take care to be SURE you and the seller know exactly what's being sold.
Old March 16, 2007, 01:08 AM   #3
Tantrix

I know you are looking for one used, but I just got a new Remington 18" smoothbore police barrel from Cabelas for $109, and I couldn't be more satisfied. The barrel has a good matte finish, is very sturdy, and patterns are excellent. This is the barrel you want, it is better built than the Mossberg version. It is Remington part number 24620.

I put this one on my 870 Express Magnum and it indeed has the spring detent on the barrel ring Dfariswheel mentioned.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...equestid=84137

Old March 16, 2007, 12:30 PM   #4
biglabsrule

Did you try local gun shops yet? Ask the owner they just might have extra barrels in a box somewhere or stashed away. I was in a local shop yesturday and noticed at least 8 or 10 used barrels kicking around, around here shotguns aren't so popular because changes in laws now alows rifles for deer season, made for a nice buy when I bought a used wingmaster