The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old July 2, 2007, 11:09 AM   #1
Capt. Dixie

CDNN - What's the deal?

I purchased some "new" Walther (Smith and Wesson) P99 mags. They arrived quickly enough, but were clearly not "new". They were all scratched on the outside and looked like demos.

I sent them back with word from CDNN I could opt for new ones or money back. Heard nothing from them for several weeks until I sent them an e-mail Friday. They tell me today they credited my account as the ones they had were all the same - not "new". Nice if they had told me about the credit.

Great, you'd think. No, they did not include the cost of the initial shipping nor the cost of my having to ship them back as was promised.

We'll see what happens on the shipping both ways. Anyone else have
troubles with them? BTW, I had made several prior purchases w/o any problems.

*************************************UPDATE********************************
Well, I talked to a "Michelle" just minutes ago. Between her coughing and poor attitude, I think she
is going to refund "my card" for the shipping both ways. However, she made me feel like it was such
a huge inconvenience and she really had to go out of her way to assist me.

No more for me. "Redneckrepairs" is right as well as "Logs": internet flea market and what they advertise is not necessarily what you will get. I don't need the attitude when I spend my money.
I'm out. Tks.

Last edited by Capt. Dixie; July 2, 2007 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Updated Post
Old July 2, 2007, 11:21 AM   #2
Redneckrepairs

I have never done business with them , nor am i likely to . In watching a variety of gun forums and threads on cdnn I have come to the conclusion that they are the " flea market " of the gun internet sales . You may well get a bargain , and then again you may well not get what you ordered . Ill grant that they sell cheap , but others could too if they mis represented what they sell .
Old July 2, 2007, 11:34 AM   #3
Logs

I have bought a few things from CDNN, mags, shooting glasses, slings, ar parts and you do have to read the ad very carefully. I got stung on some AR mags that were listed as COLT AR-15 mags, but I got them and they were generic mags. Went back to read the ad and it stated Magazines FOR a Colt AR15 rifle and not Factory Colt. It was my fault I guess for not reading the ad close enough, but I thought it was a bit misleading.

My other gripe is that they will list stuff on the front page of the flyer and it won't be in stock like the Glock Mags.

I will still buy from them, but will make sure I double check the ad.
Old July 3, 2007, 12:31 PM   #4
M3 Pilot

My experience dealing with CDNN has been limited but completely satisfactory. But I will bear your posts in mind next time I want something from them.
Old July 3, 2007, 08:05 PM   #5
fairview mick

Cdnn

I bought a Sig p226 two tone from them that was actually "UNDERSTATED"
I looked like new and I got a super price. Aslo, the shipping was right on time. Super, clean deal!
Mickey
Old July 3, 2007, 10:35 PM   #6
BerettaBuckeye

Quote:
I bought a Sig p226 two tone from them that was actually "UNDERSTATED"
I looked like new and I got a super price. Aslo, the shipping was right on time. Super, clean deal!
Same here except it was (of course) a Beretta rather than a SIG.

I've dealt with CDNN on quite a few things and I always deal with a gentleman named Tommy...nothing but good luck so far. I usually have him check out what I'm buying and describe it to me as far as condition.

Cap, I understand your feelings after your bad experience but if you ever decide to give CDNN another chance you might want to ask for Tommy
- Jeff Cooper
Old July 10, 2007, 04:47 PM   #7
bfox

I have only dealt with them 3 or 4 times .
No problems and think I got Great deals .
Exactly as advertised .

Bill
Old July 10, 2007, 05:05 PM   #8
45Marlin carbine

I haven't bought anything from them yet but did call regards Mini-30 mags, they were 'National' brand - not good quality. But said they had a return policy gaurantee.
Old July 10, 2007, 09:13 PM   #9
jaysouth

I have dealt with them dozens of times. Every gun that I have bought has been in better shape than stated in the ad. They are good folks to deal with. They will get my lunch money and mad money for a long time to come.

At $529 they are the folks to go to on SA mil-specs. The thing that I really like is their shipping price of $9.99 on every order.
Old July 11, 2007, 07:50 AM   #10
buzzman_45011

I think they rock! I've brought mags and even my P7 from them. Excellant prices and timely delivery.
Old July 11, 2007, 04:31 PM   #11
blackwinch

CDNN good for what it is...

Caveat emptor is Latin for "Let the buyer beware".
Most places will not pay for the shipping cost on returns not even LL Bean...
consider yourself lucky if they did give you the shipping both ways...
My experiences with CDNN have all been good... generally they have good bargains and speedy service... better luck next time...
Old July 11, 2007, 04:35 PM   #12
ShipWreck

I ordered a couple of mags from them recently - they were new and came in fine. But, U are the 2nd person I have heard about concerning P99 mags that were advertised as new.
Old July 11, 2007, 06:10 PM   #13
Capt. Dixie

My encounter; updated.

Just to clarify, I had several prior transactions with CDNN which were fine.

This time, however, the mags I purchased were not anywhere close to being new. Moreover, the young lady I spoke to between her coughing and unfriendly attitude, did nothing to promote their customer service policy. Additionally, I was told I could get new mags or a refund.

However, they did nothing more until I contacted them and that is when they advised they had no more mags as they were all crap and so they just credited my card. I guess them sending me an e-mail or heaven forbid, calling to let me know was too much to ask.

I'm glad they do have reportedly some courteous employees, but, again, this young lady could have cared less. Also, the shipping was promised by them and I was told they would refund the shipping when I first contacted them. Later, when I sent the mags back with a note clarifying the return shipping costs, that is when they forgot to reimburse me. These are the facts. Tks.
Old July 16, 2007, 08:17 PM   #14
Ruger4570

I recently bought a Verona 28/410 shotgun frome them, delivery was speedy and the gun was better looking than I was told on the phone. I realized after a week, the gun was supposed to come with a "hard case" suitcase type. The gun came to me with a plastic case, I called them and they sent me the correct case and told me to simply keep the case they shipped it with. I have ordered a few chokes and accessories and never had a problem. I will gladly deal with them again.
Old July 16, 2007, 09:48 PM   #15
kolob10

CDNN

I have ordered several items from them over the past few years. All transactions were fine. The only firearm I ordered was a SIG and it was better than described when I received it. I will continue to do business with them.
Old July 25, 2007, 12:08 AM   #16
billdeserthills

CDNN Screwed me too...

I had used them several times to get mags,grips, etc, then I bought a red dot sight, it was a cheap one about $30.00 and it broke right away. I called CDNN Customer service and they told me to send it back for a full refund or a new red dot sight, my choice. Last I ever heard from them. Called back a few weeks later and nobody knew anything about it and they still don't. I know it was just thirty dollars, but I also know they said they'd make it right. I'd rather pay full price any time over being lied to!
A gun dealer friend tells me since now I have my FFL, I should give them another chance, he says they bend over backwards for FFL's- well that just pisses me off even more!
Old July 25, 2007, 09:38 AM   #17
Dj Dust

I have had both good and bad experiences with them.