The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old November 30, 2008, 07:02 PM   #1
Gun Shooter

What Fire Arm Is This For??

I have a beautifly machined Stripper clip and Guide. the stripper is 6 3/16" long with a rim groove width of .505ths and rebated rim width of .345hts. About 2/3rds the way up the stripper are a series of cuts and a strong flat spring is fitted into the cuts. When the stripper is fitted into the Guide the stripper spring is raised allowing the cartridges to be inserted, removed the guide and the cartridges are locked into the stripper until again pushed into the guide and loaded into the magazine. What DO I HAVE??? What firearm is it for??
Old November 30, 2008, 07:52 PM   #2
SDC

Got a picture???
Old December 17, 2008, 07:40 PM   #3
TEDDY

stripper

that is one of two either for an M14 or a Carbine.it fits on top the magazine and you strip them in.I could check mine but you should be able to tell by the size.oops I forgot or the M16.the M14 would be wider on the stripper.
Old December 18, 2008, 11:22 AM   #4
James K
Member In Memoriam

That description wouldn't fit any carbine or M16 clip, and the M14 clip is only five rounds. I can think of nothing that long, even an SKS clip and the SKS clip would be far too small for what Gun Shooter describes.

We need pictures.

Jim