The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old November 19, 2008, 03:04 AM   #1
flipexed

X-treme 115gr 9mm loads?

Bought 500 count box of 9mm x-treme at Sportsman's Warehouse.
I can't seem to find any reload data on this plated bullet. Has anybody used this particular bullet with bullseye or tite group powder?
Old November 19, 2008, 11:02 AM   #2
sargenv

You want to be careful with those bullets. I still have about 5 or 6k of these from before when they were still "West coast plated bullets". They tend not to like being pushed over about 900 fps.. When I loaded them to standard 9mm velocity (1150 fps), they tumbled like crazy and were very inaccurate. Since these are plated and not jacketed, they act similar to lead bullets and you can use that data with them. I'd go with a starting load foor a similar lead bullet and check for accuracy/functionality. Maybe load 10 to make sure they cycle your action and see if they are accurate.

The funny thing is, your gun might actually shoot these. You need to load some and see if they shoot or if they tumble. Then you can work upwards in powder charge and then check accuracy again.
Old November 19, 2008, 12:53 PM   #3

I also use x-treme bullets. Called and spoke with the nice lady at x-treme customer service and she told me to use the jacked load data from Speer. You, too, may wish to call x-treme's support line. It's toll free. Hope this helps.
Old November 19, 2008, 03:34 PM   #4
flipexed

Thanx you for the help guys.
Old November 19, 2008, 04:00 PM   #5
cgaengineer

If they are similar to Rainier bullets I just loaded some using 4gr of Bullseye and they were pretty accurate. Its probably going to be difficult to get to get an OAL thats really consistant so watch out. I will continue to use them as I am cheap, I even use them in my Glocks.
Old November 19, 2008, 06:47 PM   #6
flipexed

Just posting this recipe to help the next soul that searches this forum. Co-worker uses this load with the 115gr X-treme rn bullets with great success in his glock19 and ruger P95.

4.3gr Hodgdon Titegroup
1.115" COL