The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Closed Thread

Old April 24, 2013, 08:09 AM   #26
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Wright
I believe if you were to handle a Remington Pocket Model as NewFrontier 45 pictured, you might change your mind.
No, I would not. Obviously the spur trigger doesn't make you uncomfortable and that's fine. It does make me uncomfortable and at 69 years of age I'm not likely to change that view tomorrow.

Overall, then, it appears the Bearcat is the smallest revolver offering a trigger guard. ZVP, the "Shopkeeper" is still a Bearcat, just with a shorter barrel. I was really hoping to find something more miniaturized, akin to the NAA mini revolvers, not for any particular reason but just for the sake of having one. Apparently, there is nothing available.
Old April 24, 2013, 09:59 AM   #27
micromontenegro

David Kucer makes them:
Old April 24, 2013, 12:25 PM   #28
Aguila Blanca
Staff

^^^ WOW!

I'm in lust! Who is this guy? Are they offered for sale? Does he have a web site? Do they fire any standard, commercially-available ammunition?

That's just drop-dead gorgeous!

Whoops! I found a web site. Price: $4,750.00

Just a wee mite rich for my blood. I had in mind something mass-produced, for commercial sale. Something that ordinary mortals could afford to buy.

Last edited by Aguila Blanca; April 24, 2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old April 24, 2013, 01:24 PM   #29
Carmady

There's always the H&R Young America/n if you aren't too hung up on the SAA thing. Seven shots.
Old April 24, 2013, 02:05 PM   #30
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmady
There's always the H&R Young America/n if you aren't too hung up on the SAA thing.
I am hung up on the SAA thing, though. Or at least following that general pattern. The H&R is a double action, top break, and despite being for .22 Short it really isn't that small. Totally different animule, in other words.

It's abundantly clear that what I would like to find doesn't exist. Oh, well ...
Old April 24, 2013, 03:17 PM   #31
Carmady

"The H&R is a double action, top break, and despite being for .22 Short it really isn't that small."

The H&R Young America/n .22 is a DA/SA revolver with a pull-pin cylinder (not top break), about 5 5/8" long and about 1 1/16" wide. No rear sight.

The Model 1906 is a little larger and has a rear sight.
Old April 24, 2013, 03:29 PM   #32
newfrontier45

The Bearcat is the smallest thing you'll find with a triggerguard because it just wouldn't look or feel right on anything smaller. It's obvious that they had to extend the grip frame to make room for it.

Sometimes you have to realize that there is no answer to your question because you're asking the wrong question.

I handled an Uberti Stallion yesterday and they are very nice little sixguns.
Old April 24, 2013, 04:56 PM   #33
Bob Wright

For your information, Uberti makes seveal miniature firearms at somewhat more reasonable prices. These are non-firing but fully operatable.

Bob Wright
Old April 24, 2013, 09:01 PM   #34
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfrontier45
Sometimes you have to realize that there is no answer to your question because you're asking the wrong question.

Respectfully, I am not asking the wrong question. I asked the question I would like answered. However, it appears many people (who are, no doubt, trying to be helpful) are answering a question other than the one I asked. I don't care why nobody seems to make a commercially-available revolver smaller than the Bearcat with a trigger guard. All I asked was whether or not such a thing exists.

And it appears that it does not. That's an answer to my question, so indeed there IS an answer. Not the answer I was hoping for, but the answer I more or less expected.
Closed Thread