The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old November 5, 2008, 07:21 PM   #1
stump shooter

.308 hunting loads for 20" 1:12

With winter almost here I am finally going to have time to work on loads for my 20" (1:12) PBR XP The rifle shoots factory loaded 168 match BTHPs beautifully on paper but what are some pet loads for shorter barreled .308s in the field on deer or varmint?

I picked up some AMAX 155s and 168s to start with, along with some Varget. I need to order some other products from one of the suppliers and thought I would see if there are any other favorite combo's I should test drive as well. I'll be using Winchester brass and 210 or Wolf primers.
Old November 5, 2008, 08:24 PM   #2
crowbeaner

Get some Sierra Pro Hunter 150 grain flat base bullets. Around $20 a box. Load over H4895, BLC2, or WW 748. Use the 210 primers. Refer to the Hodgdon #26 manual for data, and smile.