The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old December 4, 2012, 07:40 AM   #1
rebs

Colt match target competition hbar ?

I would like to hear from some guys that own one of these rifles as to how accurate they are. I put one on lay away and would like to know more about them before I pick it up.
Old December 5, 2012, 03:48 PM   #2
sourdough44

I have one from 12 yrs ago or so, works fine. I did put in a Jewel trigger though, like most ARs the stock trigger left much to be desired. My main use for the gun has been prairie dogging in SD on 2 occasions.
Old December 5, 2012, 04:06 PM   #3
hodaka

I bought one in 1990 or so, a pre-ban. I shot it a lot working up loads. It was fairly accurate but nothing special. About 1 MOA was pretty normal with my reloads with a scope mounted on the handle. I ended up selling it and replacing it with a couple of builds on DPMS receivers. A heavy stainless barrel varmit rifle and a CAR styled 6.8. I'm happy and the guy that bought the Colt was happy.
Old December 5, 2012, 06:51 PM   #4
darkgael

HBAR

I have had mine for at least fifteen years. Just the other day I shot these two targets from the prone position at 100 yards. NM iron sights.
Stock trigger.
The left hand bull was the first. Two shots are up left out of the pic in the eight and seven ring. The right hand target has ten.
Could be better but with my eyes at 66, I was pleased. The hard part was getting back up.