The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 1, 2009, 05:34 AM   #26
RocketFoot

Absolutely! Where ever you are comfortable using grease...WS grease will do the job! It will also be available in a syringe and a 1 lb tub soon.

Member: Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Old May 1, 2009, 08:24 AM   #27
OnTheFly

Quote:
Absolutely! Where ever you are comfortable using grease...WS grease will do the job! It will also be available in a syringe and a 1 lb tub soon.
I would be interested if anyone has used the WS grease before. Specifically on the slide of a pistol. Just wondering if it collects dirt/dust/grime, or if it stays relatively clean.

I have to say I think the WS in the bottle is great stuff, but I haven't used grease before on my slide. I have heard about some downsides of using grease.

Fly

Bang... Bang... Bang...
Old May 1, 2009, 10:28 AM   #28
RocketFoot

The grease is a brand new item from Steel Shield, but it is Lithium based and I really don't think it will collect dust and dirt like the old style grease. I'll get a hold of WS and find out for sure...

Old May 1, 2009, 12:21 PM   #29
RocketFoot

I just talked to George from Weapon Shield and he said that the grease is good, but it will collect a bit more dust and dirt where the WS oil won't. They just recommend grease for internal workings because of that fact, plus it is more visible than the oil. (Looks messy on the outside of your gun) But George stresses that the grease is still an excellent product for those that want the feel and protection of grease on their gun. You just need to maintain and clean it often to keep it running fresh!

I hope I said that right, George! Feel free to chime in if you're reading this!

Old June 26, 2009, 10:52 AM   #30
GunBugBit

Mpro 7 cleaner for cleaning, Weapon Shield CLP for lube & protect.

This is the best combo I've found so far. Cleaning time/energy is minimal, lube is excellent, corrosion protection is excellent.

You might say, "This is an expensive way to go" but I would counter with my observation that I only need a VERY small amount of each product to fill the role(s) I use it for.
Old July 1, 2009, 11:48 AM   #31
vytoland

weapon shield is the only cleaner/lubricate i now use on my S&W model 686-4pp and model 64-2 snub nose revolvers. a few drops takes care of cleaning and protecting my firearms.
Old July 2, 2009, 04:51 PM   #32
Bill Sander

Weapon Shield is the best. I use it on all my weapons. I bought direct and their service is top notch. Thanks to George and company for a great product.
Old August 28, 2009, 08:54 PM   #33
gcfennell

Weapon Shield Distributors & Dealers Wanted

Distributors and Dealers Wanted

Steel Shield Technologies, Inc. is seeking distributors and dealers for its line of “Weapon Shield” and “Weapon Shield Grease”. These products have become the most demanded firearms maintenance products to date and are competitively priced along with a very nice profit ratio for both the dealer and the distributor. Both lines are available in various sizes and applicators that suit the needs of virtually every customer. From precision needle oilers and 16 ounce bottles to tubs and totes, “Weapon Shield” and “Weapon Shield Grease” are available in all sizes and containers, allowing for complete diversity in usage, convenience, and economic purchasing. These products not only sell themselves, but are the absolute best performers of their kind with no other products able to do what they do by comparison. Even better, they are repeat sales products, capturing their users with the utmost in performance and quality, thereby causing repeat usage time and time again.

Dealers
Qualifications for becoming a “Weapon Shield” Dealer are fairly simple and straight forward.
1. Must be a retail sales merchant, preferably in the sporting goods or firearms industry. This is accompanied by a state tax license, which is proof of retail sales. The other is possession of an FFL (Federal Firearms License), which is not required but is certainly qualifying.
2. Minimum order is one case of product. This can be one or more of any Weapon Shield product or size of said product(s). All reorders must be in case lots.
After providing this information, dealer pricing will be provided via email, mail, or fax.

Distributors
Qualifications for becoming a distributor are more defined but are higher still in profit and benefits. While a dealer may buy at the dealer price and resell at the MSRP (Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price) or thereabouts, the distributor buys at a greater discount and may sell to the dealers and directly to the public, thereby taking advantage of all the existing levels of sales available. The distributor is defined as follows:
1. must have an established network of distribution, or business plan in accordance with one.
2. Must buy and stock for resale, case lots of Weapon Shield and/or Weapon Shield Grease, in their appropriate containments and sizes in order to service dealers and the industry in a proficient and timely manner. This amount shall be in accordance with $5000.00 worth of products at the current distributor pricing.
After providing information upon which a determination can be made, distributor pricing will be provided via email, mail, or fax. High quality sales brochures and information sheets are available as well.

If you would like more information on either program, please feel free to contact us. A free sample of Weapon Shield is also available by request.

Steel Shield Technologies, Inc.
3351 Industrial Blvd.
Bethel Park, PA 15102

800-390-1535
412-479-0024
FAX: 412-831-3823

Emails:
George C. Fennell, L.E.: [email protected]
Mark W. Pushnick: [email protected]
Customer Service: [email protected]
http://www.steelshieldtech.com
Old November 27, 2010, 11:51 AM   #34
tbln930

Wow - It's Mobile One for $20 a quart

Put a few drops next to each other and I challenge you to tell the difference. It's ok but no Break Free. It has no solvent or penetration properties. Good lube after cleaning but there are better.
Old February 23, 2011, 03:14 AM   #35
Gonzo17

I received the free sample pen, but based on other reviews, I ordered the 16 oz bottle, grease syringe, and 2 oz grease jar. The performed as advertised. The CLP cleaned my weapon very well. The CLP pen and grease syringe I like because I can put a little just where I want it and not waste this product. I haven't tried to refill the CLP pen from the 16 oz plastic bottle but by the looks of it, I think I can. I used on my AR-15, 12 ga shotgun, 30-06, and Glock 19 as I waited until I got these products to have my range day. It made me excited to clean my weapons. It's a one stop CLP versus Hoppes cleaning kit which is has a cleaning solvent, then you have to lubricate. My 30-06 is the Remington770 which many review cons is the sticky bolt. Mine was never that sticky to begin with, but after using WeaponShield CLP on it, then small dabs of grease with the syringe and it slides like a charm, I noticed an improvement, my 770 bolt slides smooth, even after a the trigger pull, when it is reported to stick the most. Great product WeaponShield.
Thanks George