The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old May 24, 2010, 04:58 PM   #1
Gary Slider

ND Honors KS & OH. KS Honors ND - Land Between The Lakes Info

North Dakota is reporting they will now honor a KS and OH permit. KS will Honor North Dakota. OH is not reporting this agreement with ND as of this afternoon.

The Land Between the Lakes National Rec. Area has to my knowledge always been off limits to those who have a valid permit/license to Carry. I made contact with them and a gentleman in their office told me that they will honor those with Valid Permit/Licenses to carry. I made a reply to them asking them if I could post this info on handgunlaw.us and they ask me to wait till their legal people looked at it. I heard back from them and they state they release this info to the public but this is the first time I have been aware of it. Here is the email:

Gary,
Our LE&I Captain verified that the information below is accurate and we appreciate you posting on the Tennessee Page.

Kathryn Harper
Manager, Communication Services
USDA Land Between The Lakes National Recreation Area
www.lbl.org

Below is the information LE&I provides to the public in regards to possessing firearms at LBL NRA:

1. Possession of firearms is prohibited except during legal firearms hunting seasons by licensed hunters and going to and from the LBL NRA firearms range. Firearms must be cased and unloaded during transport.

2. Firearms possessed during legal hunting seasons by licensed hunters must be cased and unloaded (chamber + magazine) while being transported in a motorized vehicle.

- LBL LE&I also states that the concealed firearms carry permit does not apply to LBL NRA at this time, although the LE officers at LBL will honor the concealed carry permit if there are no other aggravating circumstances. Examples of aggravating circumstances are, but not limited to, violation of the concealed carry permit itself, shooting from a roadway, or shooting outside of the LBL firearms rangeā€.
Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.