The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old July 24, 2000, 10:26 PM   #1
lowepg

Please share your successful cartidge OAL.

Ive found these to be somewhat shorter than the bullets that I have load data for...and Im concverned about seating them too deeply...

Ive found so far that 1.245 causes lockups in my Glock 30, 1.227 cycles fine bt Im concverned it might be too deep?

Any help woould be appreciated!!!
Old July 25, 2000, 02:32 PM   #2
jtduncan

I've seated my 185 JHPs down to about 1.21" OAL for my G30. You should be fine down to 1.22" OAL just check your cases for bulging or irregularies after shooting that batch. Look for craters on your primers or gas discharge through the primer area. If no bad signs, you're in!

BTW - my G30 loves 185 grain RN by Berry's with 6.6 grains of Universal for an accurate mild recoil load.

For more velocity near factory specs, 6.2 grains of W231 or 6.6 grains of Universal and JHPs by Montana Gold.

Both loads shot a nice 1" groups at 45 feet.

------------------
The Seattle SharpShooter - TFL/GT/UGW/PCT/KTOG