The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 6, 2000, 01:26 AM   #1
michaelg
Retired Screen Name

I've been using Kramers for quite a while, but a few of my friends out there are raving about their Mitch Rosens. Anyone out there care to express their opinions on the comparison of Kramer vs. Rosen?

------------------
"I love to do things that scare me, for without fear there is no courage."
Old May 6, 2000, 10:23 AM   #2
longbow

I own both, the mod. 2 Kramer and the MR ARG with matching belt. Rosen definetly better for comfort and ccw. Easier on and off too, even though it is a tunnel belt loop on the outside of the holster. Carries lower and at a better angle. The Kramer is very nicely made but doesn't have the cant I like and the belt loops they put on them are a pain in the ass to get on and off with a belt. I wear jeans mostly and to try and get the loops to split the belt loops on my jeans is a real pain. The holster has no cant to it so positioning it directly behind the hip is the most conducive to comfort cause I can't angle the holster forward. Hands down in my opinion the best carry holster I have for my .45 is a Bianchi Talon. The original version that is softer leather. Collapses when the gun is drawn but the caveat to this being if and when I ever have to draw my weapon for defense the PO's will confiscate it anyhow! So the point is moot anyhow. I had the + version too for my fullsize .45 and didn't like it as well as my orginal Talon. The Talon is a very versatile holster that stays canted when I clip it on my pants and the clip is the only one of this type of holster Ihave ever tried that really works. Also can be worn cross draw fashion. But as to the orginal question the MR ARG I have is much better than the Kramer, and the Talon is better than either! About 1/3 the price of the ARG and half the Kramer. Keep'em sharp