The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old November 6, 2008, 09:52 AM   #1
Eagle Eyes Jefferson

Need info on Richland Arms .44 bp Remington NMA

From a newbie....anybody have any information on the Richland Arms .44 Remington Repro New Model Army pistol? Reliability? Parts? Conversion/extra cylinders available? Value? I would really appreciate any assistance. I don't have any experience with this manufacturer.

Thanks,

EEJ
Old November 6, 2008, 12:13 PM   #2
Fingers McGee

Richland Arms was an importer that went out of business in 1994, not a manufacturer. There should (may?) be a makers mark on it. This link will help you decipher the markings and determine who made it and when. https://store.bluebookinc.com/Info/P...Proofmarks.pdf

2007 Blue Book lists value of the NMA at $135 for a brass framed one in NIB condition. Add $35 for a steel frame
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce
Old November 6, 2008, 02:54 PM   #3
Eagle Eyes Jefferson

Thanks, Fingers. It is a Palmetto from 1981 Ser. # 627. It is in very good condition. Does R & D have a conversion cylinder that will fit? Also, is Palmetto still in business and where can I get additional cylinders for BP? Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks for the help,

EEJ
Old November 6, 2008, 03:13 PM   #4
Fingers McGee

If you dont ask questions, you'll never learn.

Palmetto Arms Corp is still in business (at least it was a couple years ago). I believe Dixie still imports their firearms and would be a good place to start looking for parts. R&D doesnt make a cylinder specifically for the Palmetto guns, and I don't know how their specs compare to Uberti or Pietta C&Bs.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce

Last edited by Fingers McGee; November 7, 2008 at 01:47 PM.
Old November 6, 2008, 03:41 PM   #5
Eagle Eyes Jefferson

Well, I guess I'll see what Dixie can do for me. Thanks again, Fingers. Haven't I seen you post over on CAS City??

EEJ
Old November 6, 2008, 04:26 PM   #6
Eagle Eyes Jefferson

If anyone has one of these pistolas and cares to know. There is not an existing conversion cylinder at the present time for it and the additoinal BP cylinders are best obtained straight from Palmetto.

Fingers, I may be pickin' yore brain some more as I get more into this thing.

Thanks,

EEJ
Old November 6, 2008, 07:25 PM   #7
Fingers McGee

EEJ,

Yes, I frequent Cas City, the SASS wire, Open Range, and Gunbroker message forum as well as here.

Pick away

FM

Last edited by Fingers McGee; November 6, 2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old November 7, 2008, 11:31 AM   #8
bprevolver

Palmetto is gone

Checked my sources which include Dixie Gun Works, Deer Creek Products, and Palmetto's web site. Palmetto is no more. A Palmetto replic Roots revolver just sold for nearly $500 on Gun Broker. Checked several other companies and they are all out of Palmetto guns and do not expect to get any more. I have a couple of Palmetto catalogs that list all the revolvers they were going to produce. It never happened.

Another interesting fact is the Armi San Marco is also no longer in business. In the end ASM and Palmetto were using each others parts in making their revolvers.

Want a future collectable replica revolver? Deer Creek Products still have a small inventory of San Marco revolvers. One is a 3rd Model Dragoon that by mistake are set up like the Walker with the Barrel Wedge put in from the left side rather than the right side. Their phone number is 765-525-6181. They don't have a web site. Tell them you heard about them from RPRCA.
Old November 8, 2008, 11:07 AM   #9
Eagle Eyes Jefferson

Well, I guess if I decide to buy the Palmetto and shoot it, there will be no replacement parts or additional cylinders to be had........oh well, it's good to know these things.

Thanks guys,

EEJ