The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old March 12, 2013, 04:56 PM   #1
savage1r

UTG Tactical OP-1 Bipod

I needed a bipod cheap. Not only because the rifle I was putting it on didn't need anything fancy, but also because I have no money. I'd seen a few positive reviews on various forums and other YouTube channels, so I figured I'd give it a try. I've used other UTG products (a VFG and a barrel mounted quad rail) and all have been extremely robust and well designed. Though a simple design, the Tactical OP-1 is function over form. It takes many design aspects from the venerable Harris-style, yet also incorporates interchangeable locking mechanisms that make it fit just about any style of rifle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm9X-imqHpw
Old March 12, 2013, 09:34 PM   #2
Corrections Cop

I think thats what I got. I bought one off amazon.com last year and I mounted on my .243 with the sling mount adapter. I think I payed 20 - 25 bucks. It works pretty good so far.
Old March 13, 2013, 07:19 AM   #3
madcratebuilder

UTG makes OK stuff for guys with budget restraints. UTG is opening a manufacturing facility in the Midwest and will be producing "made in USA" products soon. Not everyone has $150-$400 to spend on a bi-pod and mount.