The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old April 16, 2013, 10:55 PM   #1
riggins_83

Talley 1 piece rings review

Mounted a Nikon Monarch 2.5-10x42 on a Browning A-Bolt today using the medium height 1 piece Talley rings ( http://www.talleymanufacturing.com/c...egory_recnum=6 ). While I'm quite impressed with the rings so far mounting was a bit of a pain. The way they sit on the A-Bolt it's possible for them to shift before tightening all the way. I used my Wheeler alignment tool to check they were exact, took 3 tries before I had them perfect. Once the bases were locked down and caps were tightened I bore sighted the rifle. Everything torqued properly and set with a little blue threadlock. Windage was perfect, set the elevation at what I wanted and I'm ready to go!

These are pretty light weight (something I'm trying to get back to in a hunting rifle) and seem quite sturdy.

Old April 17, 2013, 05:03 PM   #2
railer12

I used the Talley one piece rings on my Sako A7 in 300 win.mag. with a Zeiss 3.5x10x44. Zero problems, and I will use Talley rings on any new scope mounts after being a Leupold fan.
Old April 17, 2013, 08:52 PM   #3
jmr40

The only rings I use anymore. They weigh about 2.5 oz. opposed to 4-6 oz. for most steel mounts. They are much easier to install than typical dovetail and windage adjustable mounts and are stronger since the base and lower ring are one piece. You can reverse either or both mounts to make a variety of scopes fit your rifle and get proper eye relief.