The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old November 7, 2009, 07:26 PM   #301
mconfluence

Hello everybody I live pa and I love shooting anything and everything I have.It seems this a pretty good place to go too talk about anything related to shooting.
Old November 9, 2009, 01:53 PM   #302
Spammy_H

New Member from TN

Hello!

I've been reading this forum for a couple of years and really appreciate the content posted by the members. I've made a couple of posts, and a purchase, and am really glad to be a part of this community.
Old November 10, 2009, 03:14 AM   #303
JukeTheBox

Dutch collector of antique American firearms

Hello,

I am a collector of antique American firearms.
If you like to look at my collection:

www.antiquefirearms.nl

plse leave a message in my guestbook

have a nice day,
Dirk
Old November 10, 2009, 05:24 PM   #304
NYDeputy

Shoot strong, and hit what you're aiming at!
Old November 11, 2009, 10:09 PM   #305
batman44

hay!

My name is batman44 and I have been shooting for 30 years or more and reloading for 22. I started reloading with the 44 mag because I could not afford to shoot store bought rounds. I have sense been loading 357 mag, 45 acp, 223,243 AI,22-250 AI,30-06.6mm-06.
Now I would like to cast my own bullets ,44.357,45acp,40sw, but I cant find what size of mold to use to size or not. I am going to make my own bullet lube and have 400 lb of lead cast into muffins and cleaned up, so if any one could help me I will thank you.
Old November 12, 2009, 11:35 AM   #306
jreXD9

jreXD9 here, from Peachtree City, Ga., but Pine Mtn will always be home.

XD9sc
Sig P238
Taurus 85 Ultra Lite hammerless .38
Old November 13, 2009, 09:41 AM   #307
KenpoTex

Hi, I'm Matt, I live in Springfield, Mo and work estate-security. I try to practice as often as I can (firearms, h2h, knife, etc.) and take formal instruction whenever I can afford it. I just found this forum but I'm on several others and use the same username on all of them.
Old November 13, 2009, 11:32 AM   #308
countofio

Hi. Call me Count or smiley. My name is in referance to the Jovian moon not the binary number 2. I live in Atlanta. I love old things, old fashioned guns, swords, knives, electronics, languages, et cetera. I look forward to reading the forums and posting here.
Old November 13, 2009, 11:37 AM   #309
longlane

Lurker for a year, now a member...

Thanks for all the info. over the last year. Maybe I can help out or at least add to the cacophony (j/k) Great place!
Old November 15, 2009, 11:12 PM   #310
valkabit6

Hey guys, a new member here. I'm mostly into single actions, 1911 and wheel guns.
Old November 16, 2009, 01:39 AM   #311
DVC45ACP

Hi everyone.

I've mostly lurked here for a long time, and have bought and sold a few things via the forums. At one time ages ago I was a regular on the rec.guns newsgroup and some other firearms sites, but life is just too busy with different hobbies and interests, a family to attend to, and so on. I'm still a member of the API List email group for Gunsite grads.

Besides taking General Pistol under Jeff Cooper and crew at Whittington in '97, I've also taken classes from some other folks in my area, like Walt Marshall. I've been an NRA-certified instructor and RSO, and I've taught other outdoor-related classes like GPS, map & compass, and land navigation professionally. I've volunteered with a small local search & rescue team for ages, and have played the bad guy many times in Simunitions training with the town's PD and SWAT team. I'm an NRA benefactor member, and for the last 15+ years have worked in the tech sector here in Silicon Valley.

- Dave
Old November 17, 2009, 08:31 PM   #312
Eli the Jock

Former skeptic

Greetings, Brother and Sisters.
I am a new contributor, but more than that, I'm a former skeptic when it comes to carrying guns. Allow me to explain.
As you can tell from my nickname, I love sports and consider myself something of a decent athlete. I run, bike and train for half ironman competitions. Politically, I consider myself liberal on most things, conservative on a few. I always opposed CC laws on the grounds that it might lead to more danger for the authorities, as I have friends who are police officers. Like many of you, something has happened to change that view.
The other night, I was jogging in the neighborhood around dusk. I was on a deserted stretch of road when a strange car pulled along side as I ran. It followed me for a short period. Suddenly, a pretty nasty looking dude leaned out of the car window and told me to "drop to the ground!" I was frozen, but kept on running at my steady pace, ignoring this person. It all happened so fast. I could see out of the corner of my eye something shiney and metallic in his hand. It was either a gun or a knife. A few yards along, he yelled again, "I said, drop to the ground, mfer!!!" My first instinct was to speed up, so I ran faster which led him to drive faster to keep up with me. At that point, I realized my only hope was to sprint behind the car before he stopped and got out, and head us a side street which I knew led to a McDonalds'. I managed to run away, and lose him, and I made it ok, and sat in Micky D's for a good while before I calmed down.
Suffice to say, it was the closest I'd ever come to dying, and I knew it. There has been a rash of muggings and breakins in our area over the past month. Can't say it's the same person, but anyway, it sure changed my thinking. I believe we should have the right to carry a concealed weapon. I think we can actually help our sisters and brothers in law enforcement.
So now I come to you and ask you if you can recommend a handgun that would be best suited for a person like me who can CC it during a jog or a bike, as I have been almost attacked by some pretty nasty pitbulls on occasion as well. I'm thinking something in the 9mm or 40cal range, as I think 45 might be too much right now. Also semi-auto with both single and double action. I've been doing some cramming on weapons over the past week, but I still need some advice.
Thank you for your time, and I will anxiously await your sure to be thoughful and thorough replies.
Eli.
Old November 19, 2009, 06:21 PM   #313
GBOOGIE803

Newbie onboard from s.c.

Hello all, This is my introduction to thefiringline.com community. I have recently joined the firearms community due to me finally seeing the true light of our current status as citizens in the U.S.A. I have since been taking steps to prepare myself and educate myself/others on ways to protect the people and not the "so called system".

I personally have attained my CWP, joined NRA, and purchased my first firearm (RUGER PK95 15RND MAGS STAINLESS) 9mm semi-auto handgun. I also am a member of GrassRoots Gunrights S.C. I believe this community will be a valuable tool to further my education about safe firearm operation.
Old November 21, 2009, 12:47 AM   #314
Azimuth315

Finally compelled to register

Hello All,

My name is Al and I have lurked here and at a similar site for a number of years. I found these forums through Packing.org which has been defunct for several years now.

Doc540 posted the picture "Wife and Fallen Warrior" which elicited such emotion in me that I had to post my thought. I appologize for my first post being outside the scope of this forum. It will not happen again.

I live in Florida, have my CCW and my sidearm of choice is a nice old T-series BHP. I enjoy collecting and using ( I was told long ago that you fire your weapon - you shoot your target ) obsolete US battle rifles. I love the smell of old cosmoline and new BLO. Since .30 cal. carbine and M2 Ball are getting scarce and pricey, reloading is in my future. I'll enjoy that too. A cigar, a couple o' scotches and reroll an ammo can of 3006 sounds like a blast.

Well, that's part of who I am. Camping, travelling and visiting old battle grounds begins to drift outside the scope so I'll just thank all you old-timers for answering the questions I didn't have to ask and giving me much insight into myself as a member of an "armed society"

Sincere Regards, Al
Old November 21, 2009, 10:00 AM   #315
Phoenix8936

New here

Hi, name is Nick. Live in Mn and have all my life.

Big into cars and racing, and a little bit of hunting. Just inherited two rifles and am looking to get into the sport more now.
Old November 21, 2009, 10:06 AM   #316
horseman308

Howdy. I should have introduced myself sooner, but I didn't see the thread. My name is Robert. My username comes from my love of horses and one of my favorite cartridges.

I'm a Tennessee native, currently in graduate school in Michigan. I love all things outdoors, especially hunting and camping. I also love all shooting sports, but I am especially geeked about shooting rifles of all kinds and archery. My favorite rifles are flintlocks and older classic ones from the late 19th century up to about the mid 20th century. I'm beginning to develop some interest in the long range and precision shooting, but ultimately, using old stuff in practical shooting situations is what trips my trigger.
Old November 21, 2009, 07:15 PM   #317
brelea09

Aussie Newbie

Hello all
Im an ex vet with 7 years in the army. I have being around firearms all my life and wanted to see what the go is over there. Here the only firearms we are allowed are (pheffft) bolt action. All gun owners must have a Firearms licence to use or own firearms here.
Old November 21, 2009, 08:36 PM   #318
SDF880

Hello.
New to the forum. Live in KY. Enjoy shooting and currently have a Glock 21 and 33, Smith & Wesson 617, 642, and 327, and a Ruger SR-9. I have my CCDW license. I enjoy reading everything A to Z here and enjoy the pictures that are posted.

Cheers,

SDF880
Old November 22, 2009, 08:04 PM   #319
churchill

hi all.......
im mike from yorkshire,england...site looks great.
i shoot shotguns and rim fire rifles,mainly hunting..looking forward to chatting and learning from you all..atvb.
http://www.rapid7owners.com/forums/index.php?
Old November 23, 2009, 01:05 AM   #320
sean gaines

New member here

My name is Sean Gaines and I am a gun addict (boy that was hard to say)

I am the Director of the Rudy Project Shooting Team, We have currently 40 shooters accross the country. We have 8 great sponsors that we deal with currently, and are in the process of picking up more. We started the Team back in early 2009, and has been a huge success for our shooters and sponsors, with many top shooters in the country, as well as average shooters, who just love to shoot on the weekends and goto a major every so often. Our team members shoot uspsa, and we also shoot idpa, 3gun, skeet, clays. and pretty much everything that you can pull a trigger at. I currently hold a Master Class rating in Open divisioin, and a few points away from the prestigious classification of Grandmaster. I started shooting competively about 5 years ago, and have won awards at various major and local events. I am responsible for marketing for our team, as well as bringing in more sponsors for our team, as well as managing the day to day operations.
Old November 24, 2009, 09:53 AM   #321
Spartan23

Hello everyone!

I am from Hellas, and i am Firearm enthusiast from the time i was little child.

Its sounds like nothing special, but in a Country that Firearm enthusiasm is treated like Leprosy, is sometimes hard, if you put that you hear from many people in consideration...

Nice to find you guys and gals!
Old November 25, 2009, 10:17 PM   #322
Hogberry

Just joined TFL and wanted to take a moment to say hello to all of you. I'm living here in Phoenix AZ and will be purchasing my first handgun soon. I'm hoping to gather enough knowledge here from all of you to make an informed decision rolleyes: So to all, greetings and felicitations.

Phil
Old November 26, 2009, 08:44 AM   #323
Remingtonvadeer

Hello all I am a new memeber to the site.. I have only been on for bout 3 days now an liking it ALOT all ready.I live in Va, I have been hunting now for a good ol' 4 years or more, I Just recently purchased my very first rifle of my own. I have a .243 an It is a great rifle, But I just wanted to say Hi to everyone an Hope we all get to chat an share facts soon!!
Happy turkey day everyone
Old November 26, 2009, 02:42 PM   #324
houserocker

Hi, FNG here. I live in between DC and Baltimore, and have been shooting all my life. I have a strong interest in C&R firearms, as well as more modern handguns and BP rifles and revolvers. Nice to meet ya'll!
Old November 27, 2009, 06:23 PM   #325
Barbicatter

Hi, My husband and I just picked up my Christmas Present. Kimber 1911 Tactical Ultra II. I have always been a fan of the 1911's and this one fits my small hands like a glove. I brought my CZ75 back from Germany in 88. My CZ is still a favorite, but just a tad large for concealed carry.
Anyway, These are my two.

Last edited by Barbicatter; November 27, 2009 at 06:30 PM.

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent