The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old February 24, 2008, 10:55 PM   #1
1KSbuckHunter

Buckmasters Still At It

Buckmasters did an unauthorized charge on my credit card back in 2006, so I canceled my membership. After not hearing from them for over a year, again they charged my credit card for $126.90. Are they hard up for members now or what?
Old February 29, 2008, 09:23 PM   #2
Iosco-Bucks

They are tenacious. They kept sending me magazines after I let my membership lapse. They also tried to get me to sign on for their Rack magazine. After a couple of conversations, I haven't received any recent issues of the magazine.
Old March 1, 2008, 10:24 AM   #3
Art Eatman
Staff in Memoriam

More about credit cards than hunting: If your card is with a local bank, or could be, I'd suggest going in and getting a new card. Cancel the old one. That way, anybody who in the past got your number can't "do a number" on you.
Old March 1, 2008, 11:41 AM   #4
predator86

people like jackie bushman are the ones that are going to get hunting illegal....he is scum, if i ever ran into him in public i would probaly kick him as hard as i could in the nuts and just keep walking.....thankfully i have never been scammed by him but he really took my dad for a walk in the park....they would stop harassing him for 2 years for paying for something that he never ordered......the guy is an asshat:barf:
Old March 6, 2008, 05:51 PM   #5
Buckmasters CS

Jackie wanted me to post this for you guys and other that may had/have problems.

Hi Everyone, this is Jackie Bushman. It was brought to my attention that I should read a thread that was on this website. I have read the thread and I apologize to those who have had such a tough time. But I’m glad it was brought to my attention, and it will be handled immediately.

We are one of about seven affinity organizations nationwide for the outdoorsman. We deal with not hundreds, not thousands but hundreds of thousands of people each year. With that being said, we are going to make mistakes along the way. This is the reason we all have customer service departments.

As far as I’m concerned, one complaint is one too many. My policy is that the consumer is always right no matter what the situation. The old saying is not to believe something until you hear it from the horse’s mouth. Well here it is: if anyone reading this message is having a problem with your membership, I will personally guarantee we will make it right and hope you will give us a chance to earn your respect again. Also, if anyone from Buckmasters has been rude or disrespectful to you, I want to know the day, time, your phone number or the person’s name you talked too. This will be taken care of immediately!

The bottom line is that we all make mistakes. In our case, the only way to fix them is for you to contact our customer service department. Over the past 21 years, we have taken great pride to promote the great sport of whitetail hunting through our magazines and on our TV shows. We have more than 400,000 members and subscribers to our publications. We have taken more than 6,000 disabled hunters out to the field; we have made more than 700 seriously ill children's dreams come true; we have fed more than 6 million people through Project Venison; and we are starting a new program this year called “Takin Heroes Hunting” where Buckmasters will be buying our wounded soldiers adaptive equipment and taking them on hunts.

We are proud of our sport and want to continue to do everything we can to protect it and promote it. All the things I’ve mentioned above have happened due to the strong commitment of Buckmasters members. When I read something like this thread, it hurts. Our goal over the years has been to unify deer hunters, not to divide them. With all this said, here is what I need you to do: a new email address has been set up to handle complaints or questions: [email protected]

If you have any concern whatsoever, please email us right away. Be sure to include your full name, address, and phone number (this information will only be used to address your complaint). If you prefer, you may call 1-800-240-3337 and ask to speak to Kevin in Customer Service .

Thank you for reading & Good Hunting,

Jackie Bushman
Old March 6, 2008, 06:21 PM   #6
john1911

Quote:
people like jackie bushman are the ones that are going to get hunting illegal
How so?

Quote:
if i ever ran into him in public i would probaly kick him as hard as i could in the nuts and just keep walking
You're what, 12?

Quote:
thankfully i have never been scammed by him but he really took my dad for a walk in the park
Jackie Bushman personally scammed your dad?

Quote:
the guy is an asshat
Seems to be a lot of that going around.
Old March 7, 2008, 05:22 AM   #7
predator86

actually im 22 and if you really knew what my parents went through for 4 years of harrassing telephone calls then you would feel the same, if you are a nonhunter and you suddenly get harrassed by jackie bushman's telephone crew then you just might findyourself picking up the anti-hunting agenda

i speak my mind, unlike alot of people, buckmasters is the lowest form of scum on this planet, i would rather serve dinner to the clinton family in my own home........:barf:
Old March 7, 2008, 10:08 AM   #8
Buckmasters CS

1KSbuckHunter did you call in? Was everything resolved? If not email me at the [email protected] email and I can get it taken care of.

Iosco-Bucks If your still getting the mag, then you still have time left. After a subscription expires we send two free issues to try to get you to renew, after that it stops. If you signed up for Rack the latest issue would be the December. All the magazines are published 6 timers per year June through November. If you email me your info I can check it out for you and let you know how it stands.

predator86 Sorry your parents were called so much. Are they still having problems? If so email me and I will get it stopped.