The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old May 13, 2005, 08:30 PM   #1
ralphtt

AJC Sports Shop in Clute, Texas . . . ???

Anyone have experience with the AJC Sports Shop in Clute, Texas? I ordered a Browning 525 20/28 gauge combo from them on April 21 and received the gun promptly and as scheduled. Good service on the gun.

However, the deal included a Browning luggage type case that was 'temporarily' out of stock. Was promised it would be here in two weeks and certainly during the first week of May. Here it is Friday, May 13 and the luggage type case is not yet here, nor has it been shipped. The folks at AJC say it has been sitting in Laredo, Texas for a week and they cannot get it shipped to them in Clute, Texas. They sound sincere and may have a legitimate problem . . . but at this point I'm beginning to have reservations.

Anyone here have experience with AJC in Clute, Texas. Sure would appreciate some reassurance!
Old May 14, 2005, 02:00 AM   #2
BigSlick

I've bought a couple of things from them over the last year or so.

Everything went smoothly, zero problems.

They move a lot of guns according to a friend of mine in Houston. From what he tells me, they are above board in his personal FTF dealings with them.

I don't know why anything would be held up in Laredo, Texas, but who knows, if UPS is involved, the things could end up on the moon.

BigSlick
Old May 14, 2005, 07:36 AM   #3
ralphtt

Thanks, BigSlick . . .I'm sure it's just a temporary glitch in the distribution system. Hope so, anyway!
Old May 25, 2005, 05:35 PM   #4
ralphtt

All's well that ends well . . .

Received the luggage type gun case direct from Browning today. The owner of AJC Sports Shop, Alan Jones, determined that one case was available at Browning and he arranged to have it shipped direct to me. Received it about three weeks later than promised, but Alan did all he could and went the extra mile to get this case to me when he did.

Good service from a good guy who really exerted himself to arrange the best customer service possible considering all the circumstances.

Thanks to Alan Jones and his staff at AJC who were polite throughout the entire transaction . . .
Old May 25, 2005, 05:44 PM   #5
BigSlick

Good to know ralphtt.

I have been thinking of ordering a couple of things from them soon.

I guess there are a few decent (albeit slow) dealers left out there.

BigSlick
Old May 27, 2005, 11:29 AM   #6
IZHUMINTER

I have purchased two firearms from them, and have been very satisfied with AJC's prices and service. IZInterrogator and I are planning to purhcase NIB Kimbers from them next month at the Dallas Arms show. Personal experience aside, you don't get to be the #1 Kimber Master Dealer in America for 5 years running without doing something right
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." -Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water: A Gulf Stream Letter
Old February 22, 2007, 08:10 PM   #7
westphoenix

I ran a search for AJC because he had a Seecamp for a fair price.
I read the good things you guys posted above so I gave him a chance.
Another satisfied customer.
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=237914
Old February 14, 2009, 02:00 PM   #8
Couzin

This is an old thread but I would not do business again with AJC. AJC sold me a supposedly new handgun and when I got it home and carefully checked it - it had damage from firing and wear from use. They refused to provide a replacement new handgun and said it was the manufacturer's issue. The manufacturer will "repair" the handgun, but it will not be a new item. I paid for new and got a damaged used. My fault for not looking closer at the time of purchase, but still, use caution when buying from this seller.
Old December 19, 2010, 06:49 PM   #9
Anonymouse

Apologies for the bump, but I feel this needs to be said so people don't get the wrong impression from Couzin's post.

Couzin, weapon manufacturer's fire weapons after production, and many don't clean them. Sometimes there are issues with quality control at factories of all kinds. I've dealt with the guys at AJC quite a bit, I used to live in that area. I've bought every gun I own from them, bought used and new guns, and I've never had a problem that they couldn't help me solved. I've sat in the shop, just browsing (I find it likely that many of you find this enjoyable as well) and I've seen people come in and have similar issues. And I don't believe that Alan would sell as used gun as "new". I think that a lot of people just don't realize that even a "new" gun has been fired at the factory.

As much business as he does, I don't think he'd need to use cheap tricks like that.
Old December 20, 2010, 10:59 AM   #10
Glenn E. Meyer

AJC is one of the major dealers at TX gun shows and always has really decent prices and is quite fair in trades. Alan can get grumpy with fools but he has one tabel I always check out.

GEM
Old January 8, 2011, 09:57 AM   #11
CoyoteWright

ajc sports

I bought a colt defender from them 6 months ago , every thing was perfect ,pistol , service , everything...