The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old January 3, 2011, 11:49 AM   #1
rdmallory

Midway USA no Birthday discount

My birthday wish came without a discount code this year.

I have waited all year to place my big order and nothing....

Bummer.

Doug
Old January 3, 2011, 01:13 PM   #2
SwampYankee
Registration in progress

Midway had a big price jump on a bunch of items on Jan 1st. I had a whole list of things in my basket, waiting to order, and by Jan 2nd, the prices had gone high enough for me to not bother ordering. I did NEED a couple things but they were looking for $15.00 shipping for 4 screws and 100 count box of .308 bullets. I think I'm probably done with Midway for the foreseeable future. Between them and Grafs, the deals are getting harder to find.
Old January 3, 2011, 01:28 PM   #3
DiscoRacing

I ordered in Sept this past..and got my discount
Old January 3, 2011, 02:54 PM   #4
Flint.Stone

Agree with SwampYankee

I spent a lot of money with Midway in the past.

For me anyway .... They have priced themselves out of my business.
Old January 3, 2011, 03:08 PM   #5
2guns

Swamp Yankee and Flintstone have it right.

Swamp Yankee and Flintstone have it right.

Just last week I sent Midway an brief email explaining that they have priced themselves out of the market on ammo. I showed them that the case price for Winchester .223 ammo of $392 + shipping (on sale hahaha) was so far out of the ball park as to be laughable. I bought a case of 900 rounds on stripper clips, Federal/Lake City stuff from Luckyguyammo.com and it was $318 with shipping. Ammoman.com has comparable prices to Lucky but I prefer to not do business with anyone in N.J. since the gun laws are complete bull****.
Old January 3, 2011, 06:39 PM   #6
Ronbo1

code

I did use the birthday code in December for a small order and it worked. I used to order from Midway alot when they had shipping included on any order over $25. Maybe only an order or two a year now.
When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty. America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves

Abraham Lincoln
Old January 3, 2011, 11:49 PM   #7
chineseboxer

Midaway has a great selection. Shipping prices are rediculous and I am done with them.
Old January 4, 2011, 12:07 AM   #8
Florida Cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2guns
Just last week I sent Midway an brief email explaining that they have priced themselves out of the market on ammo. I showed them that the case price for Winchester .223 ammo of $392 + shipping (on sale hahaha) was so far out of the ball park as to be laughable. I bought a case of 900 rounds on stripper clips, Federal/Lake City stuff from Luckyguyammo.com and it was $318 with shipping. Ammoman.com has comparable prices to Lucky but I prefer to not do business with anyone in N.J. since the gun laws are complete bull****.
My local gun store supports what they call the "Ammo Exchange and Co-op" and they search out the best deals they can find for the group as a monthly buy and have some great deals.

This month they have the the same 900 rds of 223 Lake City ammo for $280 plus FL tax of 6%. Since they are local to me, there's no shipping.
Old January 4, 2011, 07:04 AM   #9
IZinterrogator

The only time in the last 12 months that Midway beat Brownells on pricing for something I wanted was on factory Beretta M9A1 magazines (the sand resistant ones), Midway wanted $33 per while Brownells wanted $50+ per magazine. Other than that, Brownells has earned my money time and time again for parts and various ammo sellers have gotten my ammo buys.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!” - Samuel Adams
Old January 4, 2011, 07:37 AM   #10
hornady

Over the last few years I have switched over to Mid south shooters, not as big as Mid Way but better prices and fast shipping. I only go with Mid Way if I can not find what I am looking for at Mid South.
Old January 4, 2011, 10:30 AM   #11
rdmallory

They still have some great deals. the last one was .380 for $11 a box.

Doug

Just received a reply.

Dear Doug,

Thank you for your recent email. I apologize for the inconvenience. Birthday pricing is a at random selection every month. Unfortunately you were not picked this year. Please keep in mind we do send promotion codes occasionally so keep your eye open for those!

If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-243-3220. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. CT; Saturday and Sunday 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. CT. You may also email us at [email protected].

Thanks for Your Business!

Kelly
MidwayUSA Customer Service

Last edited by rdmallory; January 4, 2011 at 12:29 PM.
Old January 4, 2011, 01:24 PM   #12
taylorce1

The still get my Business!

So does Graf and Sons, Mid South, and Natchez as well as a slew of other online retailers. You just have to be a comparison shoper. Most of them offer great deals on something and are completly out of the ball park on other items.

I've had great luck with Midway and I just ordered from them. My order ran $300 shipped that included $10 UPS ground shipping and $3 NRA roundup. I got some bullet casting supplies, gunsmithing tools, rifle barrel, and nosler bullets. Couldn't touch most of this stuff if I had bought them seperatly.

It is tough to use any online/mail order company when adult signature or haz mat fees are required. That just drives the cost way up there unless you are ready to spend a lot of money so you can even out the costs. Another advantage I have is my FFL, he allows me to ship the Haz Mat and Signature required stuff to his business address which saves me a lot on shipping to my house.

My suggestion if you really want cheap bulk ammo. Buy a progressive press and start saving your brass. You will make up the cost of a progressive press in no time. Especially once you start pumping out 250-500 rounds an hour. You guys can reload for far less than $200 per 1000 round of .223 especially if you want to run some pulled FMJ bullets.