The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old March 20, 2000, 10:22 PM   #1
Ned Roundtree

Yee-Haa!! My clubs first shoot of the year is coming . Sunday March 26 is our first match of 2000. I always like the first one of the year. See all the gang, catch up on stories, see all the new toys folks have gotten at Christmas or whenever. Yep, I like that first shoot of the season the best!! For those that shoot year round, you are lucky. I'm just happy the first shoot is here!!
Old March 21, 2000, 01:32 AM   #2
Gunslinger

I know what you mean Ned. I get that warm "feeling" at the beginning of the cruise in season when we all break out our hot rods to show off our winter "improvements", and the first trap shoot of the season.
Shoot I even like that first day I can mow. ("course I figure any man that doesn't like to mow just hasn't got a big enough mower yet.)
Yes, spring.....when a young (or old in some of our cases) mans fancy turns to the bitter sweet smell of cordite in the air. It makes one fell young again....if only for one fleeting moment.
May you hit all your targets.

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.