The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 6, 2012, 12:04 AM   #1
garryc

Hornady Lock-N-Load Auto Charge

Thoughts on it, experience. Looking at getting one, how fast would you say it would drop say 26 grains of Varget. I've been told that if you toss the charge within a grain that it will finish very fast.
Old March 7, 2012, 03:01 PM   #2
mrawesome22

Not sure what you mean about tossing the charge, but it measures quickly.

Put the pan back on scale, seat a bullet, and the next charge is sitting in the pan waiting to be put into case.
Old March 7, 2012, 09:05 PM   #3
NESHOOTER

Mine goes very fast until you get towards the end then as long as you have no vibration is quick and smooth. It will give you time to do other things when your loading match grade loads, other than that I use the L-N-L progressive for plinking.
Old March 7, 2012, 09:24 PM   #4
m&p45acp10+1

It will drop charges fairly quickly. I have one. It drops charges of Reloader15, and Varget about as fast as I can charge the round, and seat a bullet. Note when I use finerpowders like H-335 I have to adjust it so that it starts to trickle about .6 grains before the target weight or else it will end up over charging. The good part is if it goes .2 grains over the target weight it will read OVER on the display, and if you place the pan back it will not charge anymore till you press the enter button.

Charges are very repeatable and every time I have checked with check weights, and used my two other scales to confirm charge weights it has been spot on. Make sure you have it on for at least 15 minutes before you use it. I Uaualy wait at least a half hour, and I calibrate it before using. Calibating takes maybe a minute.