The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old July 31, 2015, 01:14 PM   #76
lot12001

Dan Wesson 15-2 VH
Old August 2, 2015, 10:12 PM   #77
spanishjames

A snub nosed S&W Model 19. Unfired and in the box with all the goodies of course.
Old August 2, 2015, 11:04 PM   #78
gyvel

Smith & Wesson Model 45.
SIFE
Old August 5, 2015, 09:49 AM   #79
pbcaster45

Somebody else mentioned wanting a PPC Revolver and that would include me! I lucked onto a near mint S&W Model 10 back in 2012 and sent it off to Clark Custom Guns last year. It's addictive!

Old August 8, 2015, 03:48 AM   #80
CajunBass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzieman
Ruger GP100 in 5 shot 44 Special. 3 inch fixed sights.
Something like this? I know it's not a GP-100, but along the same lines.

Taurus 431, 44 Special. K-frame size, 3" barrel, five shots.

I've only put about 100 rounds through this one, but I tell you it is fun to shoot. A little too heavy for me to want to carry these days, but it would work.

I posted earlier about a Smith & Wesson 24-3, 44 Special I had, but another I had and had sort of forgotten about is the Model 28. I think the Model 28 was the first revolver I ever really WANTED, specifically. When I was a very young man, just out of high school, I saw one in the case at a local department store. I'm sure it was a Model 28, because I think I did dream about that gun. Man I wanted it. But, and again, I'm dealing with 40 year old memories, it was tagged at $129.00. In those long ago days, it might as well have been a million dollars.

Flash forward. I did buy a Model 28, but like most of the rest of my collection, it got sold during a time of "economic downturn" (I was out of work).

A few weeks ago, I walked into my LGS and spotted this one in the case. The S/N indicated about 1970 as a ship date (about the same time I saw that one in the department store now that I think of it) still in the box. I believe it to have been unfired, even though the stocks had been replaced with a nice set of Eagle carry grips. I put it on layaway and it came home with me a few days later.

I don't normally shoot a lot of magnum ammo, but I had a box of Federal 158 grain JSP's. Man this gun is fun with that stuff. But the Eagles were like holding onto a wood rasp.

So I found a set of Magna grips, and added a BK grip adapter. The grips don't look as nice as the gun itself, but they'll do.

Kinda long I know, but sometimes the back story needs to be told.

(The next dream will be either an 27-2 with a 3.5" barrel, or one of the new 27's with a 4" barrel.)
John 3:16 (NKJV)

Last edited by CajunBass; August 8, 2015 at 05:00 AM.
Old August 9, 2015, 11:03 AM   #81
kosby

ruger gp100 chambered in 44 mag, 5rd would be fine.
Old August 21, 2015, 06:10 PM   #82
WhatRecoil

Well that's the easiest question

I've answered today----SMITH AND WESSON MODEL 460XVR Magnum NIB 6 or 8 in bbl, 500 rounds 460, 500 rounds 454 Casull Magnum, 500 rounds Buffalo Bore +p 45 COLT, Lee Reloading system bullets, brass, powder and primers and all necessary reloading equipment...a month long vacation/feral hog hunt in my beloved South Louisiana wouldn't hurt either....Hunt would need to be set up for disabled folks....and my wife gets to join us....If mamma ain't shootin' ain't nobody shootin'

Well, you said dream didn't you????

Last edited by WhatRecoil; August 21, 2015 at 06:29 PM.
Old August 22, 2015, 08:22 AM   #83
SARuger

I own my dream revolver, a Ruger Security Six 4"

Old August 22, 2015, 04:06 PM   #84
Rhetoricial

Ruger LCRx

Hello to all,

I am new to the thread, relatively new.

I have two Rugers, one Security Six 357 I bought from a friend's estate sale and an LCR 357. I really enjoy both, shoot and carry the LCR.

I am awaiting and think they will produce a 9mm, LCRx, two or three inch revolver. That would be one of mine I am sure.

Like we would only have "one revolver favorite"?

Sure. My two cents worth.

rd
Gospel of John Chapter 3
Old August 22, 2015, 06:11 PM   #85
jcv

I'd like a 3" adjustable sighted J-frame with 6 shots in .32 h&r magnum, Call it a mini Combat Masterpiece.
Old August 22, 2015, 06:20 PM   #86
joed

I've owned every revolver I've ever wanted.

Lusted for a Model 29 as in Dirty Harry. Have it and a 629. Also have a 29-8 MG that I got a smokin deal on, $299.

Then there is a model 24-3 with 4" barrel in .44 Spl. 2 624's, one 4" and another 6.5".

Model 27-2, 28-2, 19-4 and 66-5.

Had a Python but sold it as the prices kept climbing. Still have a few Colts but probably my favorite is a Officers Model Target from 1930 I think, first year produced.

Had more but these were my favorites.
Old August 24, 2015, 07:40 AM   #87
treg

Ruger / Lipsey's made mine a few years ago - the .44 Special Flattop.

I got the first one available thru my LGS who has a very good relationship with the Ruger distributor.

It is now worn and "experienced", but still carries and shoots like a dream.
Old August 24, 2015, 10:51 AM   #88
tulsamal

Current factory production... probably the new .480 Bisley is right there at the top of the list. Can't wait!

Vintage fun gun... I've always wanted a S&W M53. In the box with the little .22 LR adapters, a fitted spare cylinder would be nice. I've been reloading for over 30 years now so I think I can get .22 Jet to behave. Sadly... with my eyes at 53 years old... I would have to put some kind of optical sight on it to really be able to enjoy it at any range. I could never drill an original. Maybe the "best buy" would be to find a perfect one that somebody else already "screwed up" by drilling. Then I wouldn't feel guilty about mounting a sight on it... and firing it a lot as well.

Vintage single action... I have a couple of Ruger Old Models in .357 frame size that have been converted to .44 Special. Wonderful combination and great field guns. One has beautiful case hardening and I give in to open carry every now and then just to get to show it off.

Vintage double action... Two .41's spring to mind. I have a bunch of old S&W's and I honestly like the four inch N frames the best. A perfect four inch N frame in factory nickel will stop me in my tracks. My personal favorite is my M57 four inch nickel. Only downside is it really is too perfect to shoot. I like to show it off and I do put 10-20 rounds through it every year or two. I've threatened to get a custom case with glass top made so that I could display it on the wall over my computer area. My form of art to contemplate!

The other one you could still scarf up if you look around.. the Ruger Redhawk stainless in .41 with 5.5" barrel. Find the custom grips you like and you can shoot that gun forever and not worry about it. Elmer Keith called it a "real horse pistol" and that about sums it up.

I better stop or I will add half a dozen more!

Gregg