The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old June 14, 2005, 04:05 PM   #26
Rickstir

I keep my Beretta 92FS in a small space covered by a fold-down door right at my head. My right hand will fall into the grip very nicely. I also keep an AK-47 on a small couch, covered by a blanket that draps the back. It is back where the cusions meet the back and you have to know it's there. There is also a 16 ga. mosberg shotgun that hangs under the mattress and is hidden by the overhang. Again, you have to know it is there. I also keep G2 on the headboard. I finish this off with two labs, one male (100 lbs) and one female (90 lbs). The female has the attitude.
Old June 14, 2005, 05:50 PM   #27
Bullrock

Hey Jon, I keep mine inside a drawer, within easy reach, in my night stand. My left hand pulls the drawer open, my right hand reaches, and cocks my SW 625, I fire as the muzzel clears the drawer, and I put one .45 slug right between the BG's eyes...

Yeah Right!!! True story right up until the last part...
Old June 14, 2005, 05:55 PM   #28
jonathon

If I can get some help with this, I may have a universal solution

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...wpost&t=173019
Romans 12:21

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good

More CZ M52 info than you can shake a stick at!
Old June 14, 2005, 06:07 PM   #29
stephen426

One thing you guys really need to consider is if you have kids in the house. There is a new law requiring you to safely stow your firearms so kids don't have access to it. I don't have any kiddies yet but we are hoping to start a family soon.

Right now, I have my 1911 in a pistol case in my night stand. My wife has the GP100 between the mattress and the bed frame. When we have kids, I will most likely get that safe someone linked to with the hand shaped key pad. I know that Murphey's Law says that these kind of devices will fail you when you need them most but you got to keep the kiddies safe. One good thing is it lets you know if someone attempted to open the safe (you can ground the kids for life) and there is a delay if the wrong code is entered 3 times.

I also have an 85 lb. akita that keeps an eye and ear on things as well as an alarm system. I know neither is fool proof but if there is a professional after me, I figure I'm toast anyways. I guess I just better not piss anyone off to the point where they would want to off me!
Old June 14, 2005, 06:08 PM   #30
jonathon

Stephen, where is this law at? :barf:

Old June 14, 2005, 06:38 PM   #31
stephen426

Here it is...

(3) Whoever violates subsection (1) by storing or leaving a loaded firearm within the reach or easy access of a minor commits, if the minor obtains the firearm and uses it to inflict injury or death upon himself or herself or any other person, a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. However, this subsection does not apply:

(a) If the firearm was stored or left in a securely locked box or container or in a location which a reasonable person would have believed to be secure, or was securely locked with a trigger lock;

(b) If the minor obtains the firearm as a result of an unlawful entry by any person;

(c) To injuries resulting from target or sport shooting accidents or hunting accidents; or

(d) To members of the Armed Forces, National Guard, or State Militia, or to police or other law enforcement officers, with respect to firearm possession by a minor which occurs during or incidental to the performance of their official duties.

http://www.flsenate.gov/statutes/ind...0784/Sec05.HTM

http://www.bradycampaign.org/facts/faqs/?page=cap

I'm not for government restrictions but it is a tragedy to see kids getting a hold of their parents guns and going on rampages.
Old June 14, 2005, 07:17 PM   #32
jonathon

Ahh okay, its just FL. Was about to say, that would mean we've been illegal for 17 years

Old June 14, 2005, 07:25 PM   #33
stephen426

According to the Brady Campaign (SOB's)...

Q: What states have CAP laws today?

A: Including Florida, 19 states have laws or legal holdings that specifically hold gun owners accountable for leaving a firearm easily accessible to a child. They are: California, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas (through judicial ruling), Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, Rhode Island, Texas, Virginia, Wisconsin. In addition, some cities have enacted local CAP ordinances including Elgin and Aurora, Illinois; Houston, Texas; Wichita, Kansas; and Baltimore, Maryland.
Old June 14, 2005, 07:26 PM   #34
jonathon

Still not here, fortunatly..

Such a stupid law in all honesty, more fallacies in their arguement than I have fingers.