The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old June 26, 2009, 06:55 AM   #1
vintagemc313

Looking for info on this muzzleloader

I have had this one for awhile. I know it has been sporterized, but obviously a long time ago. From what I understand, it may be a Belgian made rifle that may have been imported here during the Civil War, and cut down later for use as a shotgun. It is in .69 caliber, and functions great. It is in very nice shape with nice tiger striping on the stock. Unfortunately, because of my economy, I may have to let this one go. What would be a fair asking price? I hope I can "save" it, but either way, I would like to know more about this one, and I just have to say that with the trigger pull this one has, I put it in the "when men were men" category.

Old June 26, 2009, 09:23 AM   #2
gokyo

I am willing to bet with a little work and elbow grease and other lubricants you can get the trigger pull to be much nicer.

Try to save it and then shoot it a bunch.
Old June 26, 2009, 11:03 AM   #3
Hawg

It's a Lehman conversion made by Wickham of Philadelphia. In it's full military configuration it would be worth about 800. Considerably less in it's present state.