The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 26, 2000, 09:00 PM   #1
killer45auto

Have any of you tried this brand?I bought some of this under the impression that it was supposed to be of match grade quality.I have weighed them individually and they vary as much as 5-6 grains apeice.You would think for the price they get they would be much closer to target weight.I usually buy from Ga. arms at almost half the price and their bullets usually do not very more than a tenth or .2 of a grain.Also they claim to be a brinnel hardness of 23 or 24 i believe and they seem to really lead the bore a lot more than the other lead i use.I checked the weights in the 230 .45 Lrn for the 45 acp and the 45 colt in the 250 gr.rnfp .I do not have those kinds of differances from Magnus lead either.I am extremely disapointed in the quality of the bull-crap brand of bullets , maybe i will try the Lazer cast next!

killer45auto
Old April 27, 2000, 09:20 AM   #2
Bill Hebert

I had the same problems you had. Now I'm sold on Berry's total plated bullets. When I finish reloading the 500 or so lead 38's I have left - no more lead bullets. The pain in the ____ isn't worth the few pennys saved. Good luck.
Old April 28, 2000, 11:09 AM   #3
nwgunman

This is sad. Many years ago when I used to shoot lead in my .45s I was a Bull-X fan. Didn't experience the problems related here. It seems that the quality has deteriorated considerably. What a shame.