The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 18, 2011, 10:51 AM   #1
RedBowTies88

Favorite AK Pistol Grip?

So, I'm shopping for conversion parts for my saiga and im torn between a few different grips,...

#1 This ATI grip : http://store.carolinashooterssupply....-finger/Detail

#2 This "Molot Style" Grip : http://store.carolinashooterssupply....P-MOLOT/Detail

also I'm somwhat however not very seriously considering the SAW grip.. I like molded finger slots so unless there's something seriously better about the SAW I doubt it's for me.

Seems like CSS really likes option #2 and its priced less then the ATI. Wondering if anyone has any first hand experiance with these to lend some insight.

Thanks,
Beech

Last edited by RedBowTies88; November 18, 2011 at 11:01 AM.
Old November 18, 2011, 12:43 PM   #2
plumbercrack

I have one that is a Hogue and is less money

http://www.gunstuff4you.com/product/57877

I love their grips as they are well made and comfortable
Old November 18, 2011, 12:45 PM   #3
RedBowTies88

you know, i looked at that one but for whatever reason it doesn't quite speak to me... I think its the texture
Old November 18, 2011, 01:35 PM   #4
plumbercrack

Well I merely made a suggestion. Frankly I'm surprised NJ allows those rifles as they are really sports versions of an AK SSHHHHH. I grew up there and never liked having to apply to get an air rifle.
Do you know what ever happened to that guy that was legally transporting his guns to his new apartment but was arrested tried and convicted anyway? It was last year and Christy commuted his sentence but I'm wondering if he was ever exhonorated. I like our gun laws, or lack of, better in Nevada.
Old November 18, 2011, 03:57 PM   #5
RedBowTies88

That's why as a kid you stock up on bb guns an slingshots on vacation then bring them home with you

but yea I'm suprized as well. As long as ak47 isn't in the name it's legal pending that it doesn't hold more then 15 rounds, have a threaded barrell, or a colapsable stock.
Old November 20, 2011, 08:40 AM   #6
RedBowTies88

Bump
Old November 20, 2011, 04:21 PM   #7
plumbercrack

Well at least NJ allows 15 round mags, California anly allows 10. When are these states going to realise that if I were the crazy type, which I'm not, that I am eqyally as deadly with 15 round mags as I am with a 30? Any luck with your grip?
Old November 21, 2011, 09:34 AM   #8
RedBowTies88

Yea, its could be worse.. cali would suck for many reasons not even gettting into the gunb laws.

as far as the grip, im leaning towards number 2 at the moment but still havn't ordered
Old November 28, 2011, 09:39 PM   #9
White Mamba

The Hogue grip is really comfortable.

The Tapco SAW grips are nice too. http://www.tapco.com/products/ak/ind...ewCat&catId=18
Old December 2, 2011, 11:01 PM   #10
FireForged

the FAL style grip.... outstanding.