The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 29, 2014, 06:38 AM   #1
eastbank

browning 725 o/u good buy?

was at a large gun shop and in the scrach&dent section was a new browning 725 with a high comb and long barrels with two beads for 2199.00 new, was this a good price or just so so, there were several very small marks on the wood,none on the metal. eastbank.
Old March 29, 2014, 06:51 AM   #2
Virginian

That looks to be a couple of hundred dollars below anything comparable, however scratches and dents on new guns are real value killers. I would offer them $1800 and see where it goes.
Old March 29, 2014, 12:54 PM   #3
BigJimP

Ask him what the price would be to order a new one...and compare.

In my area, most of the Browning O/U's are selling for about $ 300 under list price ...new in box. Stores that put guns out on the shelf for customers to "fondle" still consider them new....but one store I know, if you scratch it you buy it / or you pay the difference of what he'll have to sell it for...the stores own that inventory / they can't send it back to factory ...