The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old July 7, 2005, 05:28 PM   #76
zeisloft

A few more...
If your wife complains about constantly finding brass in the washing machine from those extra pieces you "shirt pocket" on your way out of the range.
If you have a deticated gun room vacuum.
Mentioned to the wife that you wished she smelled more like Hoppies #9 than Channel #5.
If you bought a coffee pot for your gun room.
If you ever looked around in the local reload shop and felt they were trying to compete with you for who has the most primers.
If you ever used spent primers to fill in a low spot in your driveway (because they are cheaper than caleche and you have enough anyway).
If you have ever made a toilet paper holder from 50 BMG brass.
If you concidered reloading primers (then lay awake at night thinking that if you can, why did you use them to fill in that pot hole in the driveway).
If you ever stake a big minnow net in the ground to catch brass instead of mowing.
If you have ever used a pump sprayer full of gas to burn a patch out of the yard because you felt the minnow net may be viewed as a sign of having a problem.
May be I do need a support group. I'm in Amarillo, anyone know of a thursday night meeting in this area.
~z
Old July 8, 2005, 09:43 AM   #77
zeisloft

more...
If you have ever worked up a load for an appliance (toaster, tv, alarm clock,etc).
If you have ever shopped a garage sale looking for "targets" (toaster, tv, alarm clock, etc).
Your wife has ever prefaced the statement "the iron isnt working" with the phrase, "good news for you,"
~z
Old July 8, 2005, 01:43 PM   #78
Smokey Joe

Collapsing shelves, oh my!

Farmall--The shelf collapsed--or rather, its brackets pulled out of the wall--but I wasn't home when it happened. Does that count?

Many of the boxes broke open, and I had hundreds & hundreds of empties from various lots, all pied together. (The loaded ammo stayed together rather better.)

Was so distraught when I discovered the shelf and contents on the floor that even Mrs. Smokey was sympathetic.

Some of the stuff never did get sorted out; just scrapped it and bought new brass.

The shelf is back up, on brackets so arranged that the wall will collapse before the shelf comes down again!! And twice as much brass on it now.

--Smokey Joe
Old July 8, 2005, 09:02 PM   #79
Scott5

You know your a reloader when

You dedicate your High School and college years to an extremly high paying job so you can afford to have many guns and reload for tham.

You only buy powder by the keg

You load up so many rounds in one sitting that it takes one whole pound of powder.(just for one caliber and one bullet weight.)

You have progressive press for each caliber.(Rifle and pistol)

You have a single stage press for each caliber.

You buy up the land on your block to put up shops to house your reloading gear your powder and your primers.

Happy shooting

Scott5
Old July 9, 2005, 06:59 AM   #80
caz223

You get sent home from work with a violation of standard operating procedures, possibility of several days off unpaid for disciplinary action, cost the company untold thousands of dollars, possibly losing your job and all you can think of is 'good, maybe I can get some freaking reloading done'.