The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old September 12, 2013, 03:51 PM   #1
hart1951

Sauer Behördenmodell

I apologize to everyone in advance for my lack of knowledge. I am not a collector and do not know "anything" about firearms. However, before his death my Father gave me a Sauer&Sohns pistol that he brought home from WWII. In doing research on this site and other internet sites, I think I have a very nice example with matching holster and magazine. I would appreciate it if the members of this forum can tell me more about this, when it was manufactured, an estimate of its value, and any other information you might know.

Here is a photo of the serial number, 209xxx.

Here is the last 4 digits of the serial number on the magazine.

This shows a mark on the left front.

Here is the serial number on the back of the holster.

Here is a link to photobucket album with more photos.
http://s231.photobucket.com/user/h4040510/library/

Thanks again,
Hart1951

Last edited by hart1951; September 12, 2013 at 07:11 PM. Reason: last link did not work
Old September 12, 2013, 05:37 PM   #2
RJay

I can tell you right now that you may have a problem firing it, There seems to be some type of small Mexican hat stuck to it. Some light oil and fine steel wool should take of the problem.
Old September 13, 2013, 08:24 PM   #3
James K
Member In Memoriam

Yes, that is a Behörden Model, as it has the trigger safety and also has/had the loaded chamber indicator, neither of which are on the regular 1930 model. I can't tell if the loaded chamber indicator is still there, but the hole for it is in the rear of the knob.

One expert says that guns from c. 206xxx to 216xxx went to the Prussian police and that sunburst is their acceptance/properly mark.

(The Mexican hat does not interfere with operation unless firing Aguila ammo.)

Jim
Old September 13, 2013, 08:30 PM   #4
PetahW

You have a .32ACP/7.65mm Sauer & Sohn (Sauer and Son) Behorden Authority Model 1930 pistol.

The M30 “Behorden Modell” was a small arm issued to the Luftwaffe and Civil Police units of the German military prior to WWII (AFAIK).

It should be worth around $350, unless it has a (rare) alloy frame, which would triple the value.

The extra seven round magazine and the original leather holster adds to the value.

Old September 16, 2013, 03:02 PM   #5
hart1951

Thanks for the replies.

Hart1951