The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 12, 2015, 06:25 AM   #26
B.L.E.

Quote:
I'm not going to go out of my way to search for it; but if I ever cross paths with Trail Boss, I'll grab a pound and give 'er a whirl.
They only package 9 ounces of it in a "one pound" bottle, not because they are trying to rip you off but because 16 ounces won't fit unless they make a special bottle just for this powder.
The price reflects the fact that you are only buying 9 ounces.

I hate this current powder availability situation. I can't find Red Dot for my shotgun loads so I'm currently loading my 12 gauge trap loads with Hi Skor 700X, mostly because it's available.
Old May 12, 2015, 08:40 AM   #27
rtpzwms

i'm still amazed lots of good info but.. you can call the phone number on your powder container and ask the horses mouth directly. I called to verify some info and found the mfg very helpful. I did the math and had them confirm the safety margin. I guess it's a sign of the times talking to people you don't know via the internet. at least with the mfg you have someone paid to answer these questions. in my opinion its worth a call.
Old May 12, 2015, 07:35 PM   #28
Nick_C_S

Quote:
They only package 9 ounces of it in a "one pound" bottle.
I get what you mean. It's like Nitro 100 - sold in the "1 Lb" Accurate Arms and Ramshot container; but it's only 12oz.