The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old January 29, 2009, 01:59 AM   #76
Nnobby45

I've developed a high tech solution to the problem. I leave a dim light on in the living room so I can see, from my bedroom door or hallway, what's going on out there. This also backlights anyone in the hall coming toward me.

Could be that Para Bellum's solution is even more high tech than mine.

Still have a SureFire, hand held or on my 870, in case Bubba, and his friends think to deactivate the light--could happen.

Did somebody really ask if you should turn on the lights?! Well, the only light switch I'd have access to is one that would illuminate mostly ME, while probably leaving Bubba in the dark! I don't think so.

Last edited by Nnobby45; January 29, 2009 at 02:05 AM.
Old January 30, 2009, 12:32 PM   #77
Donn_N

I have found this thread to be extremely interesting. As you can see, I'm new around here, but I've spent a bit of time on another forum which shall remain nameless.

A similar topic was raised on that other forum and I responded as many of you have here - don't go looking for trouble. Take up a defensive position, etc.

Almost to a person, I was chastised for my view. I was called several unflattering things and my manhood was brought into question.

I'm not sure what it all means, but I sure find it interesting.
Old January 30, 2009, 05:19 PM   #78
raimius

If someone wants to criticize another person for using their brains instead of trying to be a 1-man SWAT team, let them. Foolish criticisms are just that--foolish.

There are times when clearing or paritally clearing a home is a sound choice (i.e. to get the rest of the family into a safer position), but trying to clear a house for the heck of it, against an unknown threat is asking for a lot of trouble.