The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old January 1, 2009, 12:12 AM   #1
JR3149

Prairie Dogs!!

Okay, so the rancher in South Dakota that I used to go to JUMPED his prices up this year and I'm looking for a place that 4 guys can go in South Dakota to shoot prairie dogs - maybe combining that with a turkey hunt in the spring...but not all that necessary.

I'm looking for unguided, and without food, but a warm dry place to stay and shoot dogs nearby for less than $200/day/gun.

Anybody got any leads?
Old January 4, 2009, 04:05 PM   #2
HAMMER1DOWN

hey, If you want to make the extra travel i live in montana and there are tons and tons of gophers/prairie dogs around here and i would be happy to show you were to get to them and i would only charge you a hundred for staying at my place per person and bring all the guns you like.
Just PM me if your interested
Old January 4, 2009, 07:14 PM   #3
Beretta16

Jeez, me and some buddies went to SD last summer and shot a ton of prairie dogs for free for a few days. Almost all of the ranchers in the area just wanted 'em gone and were happy for us to pitch a tent and kill as many as we possibly could. I'll see if I can try and find the spot we went to.. It was a roadtrip and we kinda winged it.
Old January 4, 2009, 07:43 PM   #4
cornbush

Don't waste your money, go to almost any public land in wyoming and shoot your heart out for as long as you want, for free.