The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old May 1, 2010, 04:02 AM   #51
nefprotector

I like his older videos better. Before he started hob nobbung with the Big cheeses and getting paid to advertise.
Old May 19, 2010, 04:22 PM   #52
CUBAN REDNECK

Nut has an annoying didactic style.
Old May 20, 2010, 03:46 PM   #53
booker_t

I compare him to Ken Rockwell, if you are familiar with his photography website.

Basically, it's one guy's opinion and a deep (sometimes too deep) view into his world. It's his opinion (worth repeating). You can take it or leave it, take parts of it, and then draw your own conclusions. Not a bad starting point if you want to do more than just read words and see static pictures.

Whether you like him or not, agree with him or not, it's an impressive body of work. He's really into it, and it makes him happy, so that's a good thing.
Old May 20, 2010, 04:46 PM   #54
Mutatio Nomenis

I like his videos. They are great for firearms research. He also keeps flame wars to a minimum by letting us take our own conclusions and by giving us the bare, absolute truth.
Old May 20, 2010, 08:43 PM   #55
Dre_sa

"philosophy of use"
you mean purpose right?

And he is just a teensy tiny bit completely biased towards glock.

He does make a good point form time to time, but the glock is not the be all and end all of everything that is gun.

He also gets a little nuts over weight. I personally don't think it's as important as he makes it out to be. If a person wants to carry a specific gun, they will make a plan to do so comfortably. good holsters and good belts go a long way to reducing felt weight.

when I watch his videos its always with a good healthy does of salt, about a pounds worth.
Old May 21, 2010, 01:36 AM   #56
FrankenMauser

.... not a fan, at all....

He and his friends have been observed:
Shooting from roads.
Shooting across roads.
Shooting in areas closed to firearms.
Shooting too close to buildings or agricultural structures (water tanks, watering ponds, barns, feed shacks, etc).

When they grow up, and stop ignoring the laws... I might consider watching a bit more.

I still don't know that I could get over the mall ninja, we're mega awesome tactical aspect, though. I mean, seriously - do you really need to wear kevlar and 13 knives to chase jack rabbits through sage brush, or punch a couple holes in a target?
Old May 21, 2010, 01:53 AM   #57
Drummer101

He has some good info and I used his early videos to choose the knife I have now (Leatherman Charge TTi), but I just find his voice gets annoying after a few minutes...