The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old January 27, 2013, 06:11 PM   #1
kyredneck1961

Dan wesson 22 cal deep blue ,target grips

I just bought a 6 in dan wesson 22 cal , deep blued , adjustible sights hi-vis front ,d/a s/a ,,wood checkered target grips , 4 digit serial no.. 44xx ,, super nice condition with only light cyl ring no other marks...... Need help what do i have a model 22 i think but no clue on year, value etc any help will be thankful thanks .
Old January 27, 2013, 06:48 PM   #2
kahrguy

Is yours a made in Monson Mass handgun and haveing only a 4 digit number might be from 1978. Blue finish right?? Sounds like it has a front site made by EWKarms and can be found on the danwessonforum. I have a 4" version made in monson mass. with the same grips with a serial number of 16xxx. To bad as you now have the DW revolver dezzzz. Now you have to watch for the centerfire models to add to your .22lr I also have a couple 357, 15-2 and a 44mag all with several barrels and grips.

Heres a couple pages for you to help understand them better
http://www.notpurfect.com/main/dwrev.htm

Here is a link to the danwessonforum pages and besure to read up in the arcives and history section. Sign up and spend some time here. It very hard to post put tight build dates to these handgun as there is NO original info from DW and the company changed ownership a few times .
Link- http://www.danwessonforum.com/forum/revolvers/
Old January 27, 2013, 06:56 PM   #3
CajunBass

Congratulations. You've got one of the finest 22 revolvers ever made. I've owned three over the years, (one now) and all three have been so good they made me look like I knew how to shoot.

Here's my current one. Four inch, vent rib barrel, target grips. Made in Monson, Mass. S/N 13327.

John 3:16 (NKJV)
Old January 28, 2013, 09:51 AM   #4
kyredneck1961

thanks

my 22 in monsom mass . looks like new i love it . thanks for unfo