The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 17, 2013, 04:17 PM   #1
phillyr121

BassPro Shops

I went to BassPro in Orlando today. Geez....shelves empty.....only some...a few rifle bullets. I was lucky to find one bottle of Hodgdon TiteWad. They had some other Hodgdon that I never heard of. I guessed their scrapping the bottom of the inventory. Getting rid of some powder that was hidden for years. They must of move a pallet of ammo....OH Wait..What's This Powder. let's put it out. Somebody will buy it. I asked about primers....they just laughed at me. Guys and girls this ain't gonna get any better for some time.
Old February 17, 2013, 07:49 PM   #2
rlc323

I would not have cared for the laughed at part. Our local Scheel's had some stock of every primer but small pistol. I asked the salesperson and he said they had been out of small pistol for a while but he would go back and check to see if any had come in. They had none, but his helpful attitude was refreshing. I did score a bag of 9mm bullets that were overlooked as they were mixed in with the rifle stuff.

I did some more shopping and spent $200+ for a Genesis bow for my niece in the Scheel's archery department.
Old February 17, 2013, 08:16 PM   #3
m&p45acp10+1

My best guess it is going to be slim pickins' till early to mid summer. By then things will calm down, and horders will be either broke, or out of room. The panic will die down some by then as well (at least I hope so.)
Old February 17, 2013, 09:00 PM   #4
fishbones182

You should have come to the Plant City gun show instead. All the powder and primers you could ask for. I bought 16 pounds of powder and 10k primers. They had plenty of bullets and loaded ammo also.
Old February 17, 2013, 09:47 PM   #5
Sevens

Quote:
Guys and girls this ain't gonna get any better for some time.
Them laughing at you when you asked them for primers...
is similar to you coming to this forum and telling us that you don't think this is going to get better any time soon.
Old February 18, 2013, 06:47 PM   #6
tiereta

I was able to purchase a couple bricks of small pistol primers from the Orlando BPS, a couple weeks ago. You are correct, not much on the shelves right now. I always laugh, just a little, when I see people going nuts over .22lr rounds. Just my opinion, but it is crazy to see folks pay $50 for 450 rounds and say what a great deal it is.