The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old August 10, 2001, 03:30 AM   #1
magnum_force

*Is www.bulkammo.com a reliable place to buy 9mm ammo?*

Is www.bulkammo.com a reliable place to buy S&B 9mm ammo?
Old August 10, 2001, 08:16 AM   #2
AAshooter

I don't know about this supplier. There prices look good for S&B although I am not sure whate the shipping charges and handling charges run. I will be interested in the responses.

I believe Natchez Shooting Supply has the 9mm ammo on sale for about $100/1000. However, I don't know hat shipping and handling charges compare.

As an aside, I have heard nothing but good about Ammoman and have been very pleased with the service I have received through them. His prices are higher but they include shipping so I don't know where you end up on an "out-the-door" comparision.
Old August 10, 2001, 06:34 PM   #3
cocojo

I order a case of S&B in 357 Sig three weeks ago and I am still waiting for it. S&H was higher than I thought at $27.00 dollars. He is less money than the ammo man by almost $70.00 dollars cheaper. I would have bought it from Cheaper than Dirt for the same money but they were out. I have no clue when I am going to get it. I e-mailed them and they said it's coming from factory warehouse at S&B.
Old August 10, 2001, 06:55 PM   #4
Cawdor

I have been very pleased with the prices and service from Natchez. Natchez will give you the total price over the phone, including shipping. The ammo arrives in under a week (Tennessee to Texas). I have also received good service from Claflin.
Old August 15, 2001, 04:13 PM   #5
ZeusOne

ammoman.com has been 100% reliable and their pricing is competitive. All advertised prices include shipping. In my locale, stuff always shows up at my door in 3-4 business days.

That's what mail order / e-commerce is all about.
Old August 15, 2001, 04:40 PM   #6
orlando5

ammoman.com has been 100% reliable for me too and I have to agree with ZeusOne that it take around 3-5 days for it to get to my house from the time I order it. Less then one week, not bad at all.

You can't go wrong with ammoman.com.

I have never order from bulkammo.com so I can't comment on them.

http://www.ammoman.com/
Old August 15, 2001, 06:53 PM   #7
CWL

Just looked at Bulkammo.com, doesn't seem like thay have anything more than Barnaul & S&B.

You can't go wrong using ammoman.com. Eric is a good guy & will take care of your orders real fast. I don't agree that his prices are any higher than the other guys, especially when shipping cross country.
Old August 15, 2001, 07:29 PM   #8
Arub

You might want to check ou Outdoor-Source.com. Their prices have always been great and their service has been excellent. I live in Lower Alabama, not too far from them. They even picked up some ammo at the distributor and met me not too far from the house to save shipping charges. Service like that you can't beat.
Old June 1, 2011, 10:21 AM   #9
BulkAmmo.com

Update on bulkammo.com

Hello Everyone,

My name is Steven and I work for a company called BulkAmmo.com. I noticed that this thread is from 2001 and wanted to update everyone as to BulkAmmo.com. The information provided above is no longer accurate or relevant.

Our company purchased BulkAmmo.com a couple of years ago. We have sinced turned it into a mainstay supply source for ammunition products with an average of 400 products in stock each day and prices that are as good or better than the websites mentioned above.

To be clear, the current owners and managers of BulkAmmo.com have nothing to do with any previous owners (I do not even know their names). You can read more about our reputation by searching for our name on ResellerRatings.com or by just Googling for "BulkAmmo.com Reviews" or similar.

I hope that you will check out our website. If you have any questions, feel free to Live Chat with our staff or call us at (800) 720-6035.
Old June 1, 2011, 01:05 PM   #10
Wishoot

Thanks for chiming in.

Prices and shipping look pretty good.
Old June 1, 2011, 02:33 PM   #11
AJG

ammoman

+1 for ammoman!
Old June 1, 2011, 05:25 PM   #12
model18

ammo

http://www.weaponsworld.com/

GREAT folks to deal with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old June 2, 2011, 01:23 AM   #13
MikeNice81

I've had good luck with SGammo and Ammo To Go. Both are priced well and have the harder to find "LE" loads more often than not.
Old February 20, 2013, 12:46 PM   #14
romeojn

Great folks, fast shipping

I know this is an old thread, but there didn't seem to be a lot of response from people who've actually dealt with BulkAmmo.

Last week I was looking for some good .223 ammo (you all know how hard it is to find that right now!) and they were the only site that had any of the good stuff for sale (Remington). I was wary of dealing with an internet company I hadn't heard of from friends, but decided to place an order after a bit of thought. Imagine my surprise when three days later my box was at the front door! Their prices aren't bad, and their shipping policy seems to be same-day if possible. None of this 4-8 weeks to process your order like some of the other sites I've dealt with.

They're out of most rifle ammo now, like every other store and website, but they're great people. I've got them bookmarked and I'll use them again.
Old February 20, 2013, 02:16 PM   #15
bikerbill

another vote for ammoman ... I have purchased several cases of 9mm from them, both in 500-rd and 1000-rd lots, delivery is as promised and prices seem reasonable ... gonna check natchez now, I need a refill and ammoman seems to be a bit low ...
Old February 20, 2013, 03:58 PM   #16
southjk

I have ordered from Bulk Ammo. They keep their inventory updated on the site to the minute. If they don't have the item or caliber in stock keep checking during the day as they may get some in. That's how I scored some 22lr.

Unfortunately, Natchez won't ship to TN addresses.
Old February 20, 2013, 05:18 PM   #17
alex0535

Romeojn, If you want to know about this or mention that you were happy with them it is encouraged that you do so instead of bumping an ancient thread from 2001.
Old February 21, 2013, 08:12 AM   #18
kahrguy

WOW 11 year old tread keeps poping up
Old February 21, 2013, 09:51 AM   #19
Hiker 1

Yes, I've bought from them many times.